• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

proud of my baby

furbabies

Warren Scout
I've only had thumper for 5 weeks now and our bond is growing everyday. In his previous home he spent all of his time in a 'not very nice hutch' never coming out. When we first had him we let him have the run of the garden, he loves to be free, but in the evening I'd put him back in his hutch and he would stamp his feet and chew the bars and try and eat his way out! In the morning i would go to him with fresh greens, thumper would start gnawing the bars again and he would bolt as soon as the door was open!
But now after just a few weeks he seems to know the routine and trust me enough to know that I'm will let him out again. He has stopped chewing and stamping his feet and will happily go into the hutch in the evenings for his pellets! And in the mornings he no longer leaps from the hutch and runs he will actually sit in there a while with the door open to eat his fresh food and let me rub his head.
He will even come and go to his hutch throughout the day for a drink or a snack, whereas a week ago he wouldn't go any where near it incase he got shut in!
It feels wonderful that he is learning to trust me and will approach me for a fuss, I'm so proud of him!

qrchkw.jpg

b4vj39.jpg

3517tbn.jpg

Awwww, the sweetheart! So glad he's landed on his paws with you. :D Will you get him a friend do you think?

That really is wonderful to hear!! All you time and hard work is paying off!!! Thumper is very lucky to have you! X

Back