• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling like the worst bunny mummy

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
:cry: Molly has gone off to the lovely Helen to be bonded to the adorable Basil this week. Yesterday Helen noticed a small pea sized lump by Molly's ear and took a closer look. It is looking like she has an ear infection and will be at the vets tonight.:cry: I can't believe I didn't notice anything before she went. I would never have sent her if I knew she wasn't well.

Then as the bonding is going really, really well I thought I ought to get their room ready. I was just taking a 5 min breather and looking online when I came across an article all about the run I was planning to use for their post bonding pen and how some bunnies have got their heads stuck in it!:cry:

So now I can't use it. I have been trying to cover it in weld mesh but its nearly impossible and I am covered in scratches now.

Not much point to this really. I just wanted to vent with people who will understand how I feel. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far.

:cry: Molly has gone off to the lovely Helen to be bonded to the adorable Basil this week. Yesterday Helen noticed a small pea sized lump by Molly's ear and took a closer look. It is looking like she has an ear infection and will be at the vets tonight.:cry: I can't believe I didn't notice anything before she went. I would never have sent her if I knew she wasn't well.

Then as the bonding is going really, really well I thought I ought to get their room ready. I was just taking a 5 min breather and looking online when I came across an article all about the run I was planning to use for their post bonding pen and how some bunnies have got their heads stuck in it!:cry:

So now I can't use it. I have been trying to cover it in weld mesh but its nearly impossible and I am covered in scratches now.

Not much point to this really. I just wanted to vent with people who will understand how I feel. Thanks for reading if you've made it this far.

Don't be so hard on yourself, the lump might not have been there when she went anyway.
Weldmesh is :censored: to handle, when we meshed our run I got a huge cut on my hand from when it coiled back on itself :censored: it's much easier if you have another pair of hands. I think I know the type of run you mean, I used to have 2 like it. if you had another pair of hands to help you could fasten the weldmesh onto the run panels with some tie wraps, it might be easier that way? :thumb:

Thank you. The worst part of the weld mesh is cutting it to shape. My wire cutters are impossible! I have given up for today and will try again in the morning when hopefully I will be feeling less stressed which I'm sure doesn't help.

Thank you. The worst part of the weld mesh is cutting it to shape. My wire cutters are impossible! I have given up for today and will try again in the morning when hopefully I will be feeling less stressed which I'm sure doesn't help.

Yes it is hard to cut, my OH had some decent cutters so that was ok, if you are struggling to cut it you can try cutting it then waggle the piece back and forth and where you have part cut should snap :thumb:

After digging round in the garage I found an old run I had forgotten about. I have cleaned it up and brought it inside. It is quite small and I certainly wouldn't use it as a permanent run but it is perfect for the first few days post bond when they will still need to be confined to a small space. Then with any luck before I know it I should have 2 HEALTHY buns binkying round their 120sq ft bunny room. Trying to feel more positive.

Awwwww don't be so hard on yourself. These things just happen sometimes xxxxx

Your little bun has a lovely caring Mummeh xxxxxxx

Becky, you are a good bunny mummy. If you weren't I'd not be rehoming to you!

The thing about me spotting the lump under her ear is that I am watching all sorts of bunnies all day long for my 'job' so I am going to spot things possibly a lot sooner than someone who has one and one who for all other purposes is perfect. She's happy, and eating well so there really isn't a reason why you'd have spotted this so soon. You might have spotted it had it been bigger than it is. Please don't be hard on yourself.

And I believe it was 'the universe' sending her to me for bonding this week because as we know it wasn't what was originally planned. So this was how it was meant to be. She is so happy with Basil and now has a chum to go through any treatments with.

And with regards the run, I think that the ones we all have as puppy pens are okay when used in a particular way (as you know I am using it for bonding), but it's the ones that are used as full time outside binky space where nobody is watching that can be the real issue. Worst case scenario, I can lend you a pen, but you'll sort something out that works.

Looking forward to seeing you later

Back