• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Set-up improvements! (w/ photos)

littlemy94

Young Bun
I've been making some changes to Mycroft and Molly's home, so I thought I'd add some photos!

The summer bunting has now gone up:
8e993ccd-b92d-4e61-ae1a-95eed18fbde5.jpg

This is the first run (5x4ft). It used to be on grass, but it was such a nightmare to keep clean that I decided to switch to paving.
They also now have what my sister refers to as an 'outbuilding'!
9fdc1f7d-aadc-4ec2-9b40-01fd759b3ddf.jpg

And, here is the big change, that tunnel on the right now leads to a newly installed second run!
0baa5aa7-4828-4da4-9cb5-e9feabbac95e.jpg

The second run is 6x3ft... also on paving!
It's a little smaller than I would like but perfect for squeezing into that awkward corner at the bottom of the garden.
313a5688-436f-4111-b3a7-1388a408808f.jpg

The tunnel leading to it goes behind the back of the greenhouse, and is 12 feet long :D They love it.
dcc667a0-f078-4833-a3d9-d65aab877b92.jpg

Please let me know what you think! And ideas for more improvements are always appreciated.

I think it is fabulous :thumb: love the bunting, and the runaround tunnels going from one run to the other too :thumb:

Lovely!

One little thing, do they ever get to eat grass? if not, maybe you could grow some in a tray? I know it's not essential, but my Louie loves grass!

Lovely!

One little thing, do they ever get to eat grass? if not, maybe you could grow some in a tray? I know it's not essential, but my Louie loves grass!

Thank you :love:

Ah I forgot to mention... most of our garden is grass, and they have free range time for 2 hours each day, so they do get plenty to nibble on. They also have readigrass every day.

Thank you :love:

Ah I forgot to mention... most of our garden is grass, and they have free range time for 2 hours each day, so they do get plenty to nibble on. They also have readigrass every day.

Hope you didn't think I was being picky! :oops:

Bet they love it!! I have often worried that mine will one day sit in the middle of one of the long runaround tunnels and refuse to move, but it hasn't happened yet :lol:

Can I suggest some nice sturdy bolts/hasp & staples on the hutch and on the run, to help keep it secure from foxes? A fox would easily be able to scrabble and open the hutch just with twist catches.

Can we see some photos of the bunnies enjoying it too? :D

Bet they love it!! I have often worried that mine will one day sit in the middle of one of the long runaround tunnels and refuse to move, but it hasn't happened yet :lol:

Can I suggest some nice sturdy bolts/hasp & staples on the hutch and on the run, to help keep it secure from foxes? A fox would easily be able to scrabble and open the hutch just with twist catches.

Can we see some photos of the bunnies enjoying it too? :D

Hehe, I worry about that too sometimes :lol: Luckily mine don't seem to inclined to try that!

I am planning to put some bolts on soon.
We don't seem to have many foxes around where I live. At least, I have never seen one! So hopefully, that will never be a problem *shudder!*

I will ask Mycroft's permission for a photo a little later. He is currently very grumpy though, because Molly is poorly and they're both on medicine. :(

I love your hutch...where is it from? :love:

That's a brilliant set up! My outdoor trio are going to go from having free range in a grassed garden 12 hours a day to 24hr run on paving slabs .....I'm a bit worried about them :(

That's a brilliant set up! My outdoor trio are going to go from having free range in a grassed garden 12 hours a day to 24hr run on paving slabs .....I'm a bit worried about them :(

i love your hutch too! so lovely! should be building a new hutch and run in summer time, so its great to see new ideas ;) :D
:)

i love your hutch too! so lovely! should be building a new hutch and run in summer time, so its great to see new ideas ;) :D
:)

Ooh thankyou both! :love:

It is a Ryedale, 5 foot wide by 3 foot deep. In fact... it's this one!

Would have preferred something slightly wider, but I had to squeeze it in between the wall and the greenhouse, so I went for extra depth instead. It works well for them, especially as they are only small mini lops.

They also love climbing, so the three floors are a bonus.

I wouldn't worry too much. Mycroft and Molly don't mind the paving at all. In fact, when they free range in the garden they usually choose to flop out on the patio.

I'm sure your trio will do fine :thumb:

I wouldn't worry too much. Mycroft and Molly don't mind the paving at all. In fact, when they free range in the garden they usually choose to flop out on the patio.

I'm sure your trio will do fine :thumb:

Louie has the whole garden too and always flops on the pebbled bit of the garden!

Wow ...What an amazing set up. And there are so many areas for them to go. I love it :)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

I think your hutch and whole set up are great and look good too. I'm thinking about getting a new pair of bunnies but my hubby would prefer not to, so I'm trying to find a 'pretty' setup that doesn't look such an eyesore as our old hutch did in our small garden!

Back