• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do bunnies settle back in well after a holiday?

Jesselle

Mama Doe
we're off on a 10 day trip in july and i am just in the process of arranging holiday boarding for nev and susie.

for those with experience - what are the buns like when they return home after a stay away? does home feel unfamiliar to them or do they remember?

can it upset bonds?

anxious bunny mama right here :roll:

we're off on a 10 day trip in july and i am just in the process of arranging holiday boarding for nev and susie.

for those with experience - what are the buns like when they return home after a stay away? does home feel unfamiliar to them or do they remember?

can it upset bonds?

anxious bunny mama right here :roll:

We run a bunny boarding hotel, and we often have customers message us after their buns have gone back home to tell us that they've come back "more chilled", "very relaxed", "better behaved" :shock: etc.....one even told us her buns "smelled lovely" :D on their return (I'm assuming she meant that they smelled of sweet hay and herbs rather than Chanel No 5!"

We've never had reports of a bond being weakened when a pair/group have gone back home, and in fact, we've helped out with a couple of very successful bondings for customers while their buns have been staying with us.

So, although I'm seeing things from the other side, so to speak, our experience is that in a well-managed boarding hotel, a bonded pair should come home as well bonded as they were before the buns' holiday :D

PS - hope you have a lovely holiday next month :D

Last edited:
I've had Bumble go away on her own and when she was bonded with Bee together. It never weakened their bond. But there was definitely some settling in time again the few days after they came back.

Mine have never had a problem travelling or boarding. They settle in quickly, eat straight away and are their normal selves. When they went away a few weeks ago, when I picked them up from Hopper Holidays Amanda commented on how inquisitive they were :) and when I brought them home they flopped out immediately in the sun in the garden. I never worry about it, they are always fine :)

thanks guys! that's reassuring :) i think i baby them too much at times and worry so much about unsettling them / stressing them out.

Mine have only been away for a max of 5 days, but have been back into their normal routine the next day and have never seemed that bothered by it. Enjoy your holiday.

Mine have been to 2 boarding places, Mrs B and Teejay, both have said that they settle in there straight away, and I've not had any issues when they get home either.
I think if there's food, they'll settle anywhere :p

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We've never had issues with bonds at all.
Out of our four, one (Truffle) gets stressed by it and is unsettled for a day or two afterwards.
We just have to give her space to settle in again, and keep an eye on her eating etc (she is also a stasis bun). There's never been any major issues with it though.

I think most buns do just fine though - I'm sure they'll enjoy being spoiled in their holiday home.

mine have been to 2 boarding places, mrs b and teejay, both have said that they settle in there straight away, and i've not had any issues when they get home either.
I think if there's food, they'll settle anywhere :p

:) :wave: :)

Back