• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is this normal?? baby bunnies nest..???

pofow

Young Bun
I have noticed mum rabbit is making the nest very large for her 3 babies they are now 15 days old and every time I check the babies I have to dig pretty deep to find them is it normal?? the babies arent leaving the nest yet either again is the normal??

I need to unload a photo but haven't a clue how to do it.

rabbitnest_zpsb9b46c5d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
finally worked out how to upload photos this is where the babies are struggled in a corner with a massive amount of bedding covering them you can see how deep the hutch is by the length of my arm..

Yes that's perfect normal.

Mum bun will dig out the nest to feed then stuff it all back in and basically ignor the kits for the next 12 hours.

In the wild they bury the kits in the burrow. It's quite amazing to watch. All three does I have had have done this to a greater or lesser extent. When Poppy had her nest in an igloo she completely filled if up between feeds.

The babies should start to explore in a few days. Maybe Mum is trying to encourage them to stay safe for a while longer.

they haven't explored just yet they are now 17 days old so i'm guessing any day now they will x

Back