• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi nodules

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone with experience of these tell me - do they eventually dry out and go crusty?

This is what is happening to taz's facial lump so just trying to work out whats happening.

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

When willow had a reaction to the vaccine he had MYXI nodules, they were quite small but took ages to fall off :oops: but he's that's what they did, dried up and fell off, he was on metacam for a while to help any inflammation and pain:wave: he was off colour for couple of days

Ok thanks. We think this is also a myxi vaccine reaction. He has had three lumps sent to the lab over the past few months and they have all come back as different things so it gets confusing!

Ok thanks. We think this is also a myxi vaccine reaction. He has had three lumps sent to the lab over the past few months and they have all come back as different things so it gets confusing!

Goodness! How confusing :shock: how long ago was the vaccine given? Willow started to show signs 7 days after but then by 10 days the nodules had really come up......yet despite many many people recording this with the vaccine company they STILL say it's not the vaccine :roll:

I think it was around ten days after. Biopsy came back as infection and inflammation. He also has a pink lump at the base of his nostril but that has shrunk a lot since starting depocillin and now the biopsy lump is becoming crusty.

Another lump at the base of his ear came back as a pseudomonas infection.

Another came back as a harmless cyst.

He is covered in lumps and new ones appear all the time so its always a guess which is which as it would be impossible to test them all!

I think it was around ten days after. Biopsy came back as infection and inflammation. He also has a pink lump at the base of his nostril but that has shrunk a lot since starting depocillin and now the biopsy lump is becoming crusty.

Another lump at the base of his ear came back as a pseudomonas infection.

Another came back as a harmless cyst.

He is covered in lumps and new ones appear all the time so its always a guess which is which as it would be impossible to test them all!

How is he in his self?

He is an old boy so rather wobbly but he is very bright and happy. He is the sort of bun that lets nothing stop him. Tbh he has survived stuff that other rabbits would never have coped with.

Back