• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are u sure?

miruuumiruuu

Young Bun
Are u sure that my bunny will be litter train if i spay him? The problem is that he has accidents and I can't leave him free in house.Was your rabbit perfect litter train after u spayed him? How was him /her before?

Mine were fairly good before, but after the boys were castrated and the girls were spayed I had no problems with them. Wees are 100% in the litter tray, you will probably always find the odd poo but that might be from kicking it out of the litter tray or sheer excitement.. I have always filled the litter trays with hay and also keep hay in hay racks etc around the litter tray so it encourages them to toilet there.

When rabbits are neutered their hormones will die down (may take a few days/weeks) so they won't feel the need to mark everywhere, which is what your rabbit is doing.

Mine were all litte,rtrained before and after neuter/spay! maybe it just depends on the rabbit sometimes?

Mine used to wee in the tray but after they were neutered and Spayed now they are peeing and pooing 100% in the tray as they have no need to mark there territory

No-one can say for sure but there is a high chance of your rabbit becoming cleaner after being neutered. :)

My Stu was clean from day 1 and even better after, he won't even poop or pee in the garden when free range he goes in the hutch and uses the litter tray :lol: he such a good boy :love:

Now Casserole and Dumplin mostly pee in the litter tray or bed :evil: but poop pretty much where ever they sit :roll: they are a little better since but not as clean as Stu :D

Mine have all been better after neutering. All the wee's are done in the potty (except by my older boy who sometimes can't be bothered). Some of the boys still do poops outside the tray, but they are easy is pick up and don't leave stains. A couple of the boys were terrible sprayers and that stopped with neutering.

Back