• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arg! Can things get worse?! *Wound pic*

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
:evil:

Only just dropped the hedgepig off at the vets and decided to put the bunnies out in their run whilst I gutted their room. I realised I had stupidly forgotten to take my book out of my room and the buns have dragged it off the bed and completely destroyed it, the mess was absolutely amazing. Fortunately it's still readable..but barely.

I noticed Fiver was humping Shadowfax whilst in the run, and Shadowfax was trying to hump Xena. I have never seen Shadowfax hump anybody or show signs of dominant/hormonal behaviour. Lots of fur pulling from where Fiver was trying to latch onto Shadowfax. In the end I let them out to free range so the girls to get away from Fiver (he was the one starting it all) and noticed Xena limping. Strangely, she binkied just as I noticed, but I ran over and caught her and had a look..on her ankle/foot she has a big tear in the skin. She is so fluffy it's difficult to tell how bad it is. The last time this happened it was caused by Fiver biting her foot for some strange reason. :evil: I'm furious, upset and feel like just throwing him out the window. They all look fine in the room, although very tired. I've given Xena a big dose of pain relief. She is eating and seems quite content to lay by the other two.

So...vets AGAIN tomorrow morning. :evil:

I hate animals!!!! Poor Xena. Fiver is such a **** sometimes.

Last edited:
Hope her foot heals nicely and that Fiver never does it again... it is so stressful when they are hurt/ill. Hope you are ok.

It looks as though the fur and skin has been torn off in a big flap. :cry: Looks very sore, but she doesn't seem to bothered by it. It is obviously painful since she is kicking me when I'm trying to check it, and is not using that leg as much. I daren't touch it or try to clean it in case I make it worse or even more sore. I hope she'll be ok until tomorrow. God, I hope she doesn't need stitches or anything.

Poor Xena :( When Jasmine and Belle fought, Jas had a flap of skin on her shoulder hanging. The vet glued it and it healed incredibly fast. Hope it's the same for xena xx

Owch, poor Xena! Hope it's on the mend soon. Wonder if it's a bit of spring fever? The weather's been so good recently it's put them all in a spin.

I know what you mean about the whole 'can it get worse' thing. We're becoming regulars at the vets :oops: Took all three to the vets today - Dee for a checkup, Alf for a teeth check and Rosy for a breathing check. As if the £50+ consult charge wasn't enough, Rosy has an ear infection, Alfie needs a dental and Dee needs even more expensive meds :evil: Top it all off with the fact that we've reached our insurance limit for Dee, we can't afford to do anything else other than medicate, and the rescue have still got a long waiting list and can't take Rosy yet (understandable but still frustrating!) which is now detrimental to her, I'm having a ball right now :lol:

Poor Xena :( When Jasmine and Belle fought, Jas had a flap of skin on her shoulder hanging. The vet glued it and it healed incredibly fast. Hope it's the same for xena xx

The last time this happened her foot got really, really badly infected. It took ages to heal and it was very painful. I just hope this doesn't get infected..I wish I knew what was going on with them. Xena has been super aggressive at feeding times to the point that I've had to pick her up until the food is on the floor so she doesn't go for the other two. Fiver has been humping the hell out of both Xena and Shadowfax and now Shadowfax was humping Xena. I even found a tiny little bite wound on Fiver's nose the other day.

I hope their bond is ok. :cry:

Owch, poor Xena! Hope it's on the mend soon. Wonder if it's a bit of spring fever? The weather's been so good recently it's put them all in a spin.

I know what you mean about the whole 'can it get worse' thing. We're becoming regulars at the vets :oops: Took all three to the vets today - Dee for a checkup, Alf for a teeth check and Rosy for a breathing check. As if the £50+ consult charge wasn't enough, Rosy has an ear infection, Alfie needs a dental and Dee needs even more expensive meds :evil: Top it all off with the fact that we've reached our insurance limit for Dee, we can't afford to do anything else other than medicate, and the rescue have still got a long waiting list and can't take Rosy yet (understandable but still frustrating!) which is now detrimental to her, I'm having a ball right now :lol:

:shock: poor you, and the buns of course!

Hope Xena's foot heals soon and you can sort out Fiver ok xx

:shock: poor you, and the buns of course!

Hope Xena's foot heals soon and you can sort out Fiver ok xx

I forgot to mention I have my maths GCSEs next week - basically the two most important exams I'll ever take, I'm underprepared as it is and now I'm having to medicate and look after three bunnies by myself, one of whom is only recently back from deaths door. Gotta love having rabbits :D

I forgot to mention I have my maths GCSEs next week - basically the two most important exams I'll ever take, I'm underprepared as it is and now I'm having to medicate and look after three bunnies by myself, one of whom is only recently back from deaths door. Gotta love having rabbits :D

Eeek good luck with all that! :thumb: Never had to medicate a rabbit myself but I'm not sure if I'd be able to cope with having to deal with 3 bunnies like you with exams..

I'm so sorry that Xena and Fiver had a scrap. :( I hope her leg will heal okay.
This is the same crud I have to deal with between my cats. They've lived together for years but some days they just cba to be nice to one another. :( Really steams me.
Sending (((((((((((calming))))))))))) vibes to your lot. xxxx

Oh no, I hope it can be sorted out easily for her, and I hope they don't continue to scrap :thumb:

Thank you. She has been to the vets. The vet feels it looks more as though she has caught her foot on something and took the skin off rather than it being a bite..which makes me feel better. Last night they were fine, but Fiver was humping the girls again this morning. I think it's a mixture of the weather, the fact they are all moulting and delayed spring fever. Their bonds seem ok, although Shadowfax is quite skitty because Fiver won't leave her alone. I checked them all over last night and there are no more injuries and no fur in my bedroom, so I think it's literally just Fiver being an ****.

She has a shaved foot and the vet clipped off the flap of skin and fur. It looks horrendous. :cry: I have to bathe it in saltwater and she has pain relief, antibiotics and some eye drops because I noticed her eye was sore again.

Fortunately it only cost me £27, so Fiver can stay. :lol:

Beware, the pic is pretty nasty..

Do you think I'll need to clean it later today? I don't want to clean it too much and cause more damage tbh. She has also been licking it, so it is obviously hurting despite the pain relief. :(

Oh my goodness that does look sore, poor bun, loads of vibes xx

Edit: I did get it wrong :eek:

Last edited:
I wrote something else but it was about somebun else, I got Confuzzled sorry :eek:

How have they all been with each other today?

Last edited:
Ouch! Poor Xena, that must smart. :( And although saltwater washes are really helpful they do sting a bit. I also wonder if it dries the skin out a bit much but it depends on the wound I guess. My vets have me use weak tea strength betadine for shallow wounds but I'd much rather use saltwater as it doesn't seem as toxic to me. (I've been told betadine is safe even for bunnies but only ever used it on my dogs. Bunnies wiggle too much to apply stuff like that. :( )

I'd ring the vet if you're not certain of the frequency of the soaks, is there any topical you have to add like neosporin ointment or do you just rinse and leave it to dry?

Hope this all heals up quickly for her. xxxx

Back