• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phantom pregnancy?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I just went out to clean Milly's hutch and found all of her hay stacked up with loads of fur in it. I noticed the same thing the other day but with less fur. Is it likely to be a phantom pregnancy as I haven't even had her two weeks yet and she was a pets at home adoption?

could they have sold her already preggers?

i would assume shes not been spayed and i doubt pets at home are careful enough to have kept her away from males

you might be a nana soon :shock::love::love:

could they have sold her already preggers?

i would assume shes not been spayed and i doubt pets at home are careful enough to have kept her away from males

you might be a nana soon :shock::love::love:

She hasn't been speyed yet, she was one of their "old stock" that no one wanted apparenly :( she is only young herself 4 and a half months. I am hoping it is just a phantom. I just don't know if they have phantom pregnancies that young? Xxx

She may be older than you were told so it is possible that she is pregnant. If so and she is nesting then she will be likely to kindle within the next 24 hours.

If it's a phantom she may keep nest building for a few days and then just go back to 'normal' behaviour xx

i will keep my fingers crossed its a phantom but tbh i dont think it is....shes the right age to have been caught isnt she :shock:

Just watch and wait. I adopted 2 female Rabbits from animal shelter and 2 weeks later Luna had 3 babies. When you know if she is pregnant or not I would seriously consider getting her spayed. It is safer for them (less risk of uterine cancers etc) and they are less aggressive too. I adopted one that had 5 phantom pregnancies in one year bless her and she was super aggressive. Now she is spayed and settling down nicely. Yes one of my babies had a phantom pregnancy at around 5 months, but she could be pregnant at this age too. Keep us posted. If she has babies enjoy, it is a wonderful gift. ;0)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Tinkerbell built an impressive nest in the kitchen cupboard under the sink, the day before she was being spayed!

Back