• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello from wales

furbabies

Warren Scout
Hi, been lurking on here for a while so thought I'd introduce myself!

At the end of April i found a rabbit running down my street, i managed to catch him and take him in, he was very hungry and dehydrated, i have 2 guinea pigs so i gave him some of there nuggets ( only in this instance) he scoffed the lot!
I asked around and put up posters and put an ad in the post office window stating i had found a rabbit. No one claimed him (i checked with vets for microchip too) so after 2 weeks I'd fallen in love with him, i named him thumper ( not very original i know but it did suit him)! I bought a new hutch toys food treats etc and then it happened..... the original owners phoned and came to collect him. I cried my eyes out (I'm 32 and balled like a baby), i was gutted.
Well a few days later i was walking past and saw him in his hutch in the garden, it was a very hot day and he was in full Sun with no shade. I wanted to check on him but didn't want to trespass or look rude but something didn't feel right, so i grabbed a bag of dried dandelion leaves and went and knocked on the door, i told them i bought the food especially for thumper and could i give it to him? They said go ahead so into the garden i went..... my poor baby. He looked so miserable, his water bottle was BONE dry, he had no food at all, no hay even. Just a rotting smelly hutch that was falling to bits!! Just a bare rotting floor, and nothing else! I turned to the owner and simply asked if i could buy thumper from him (i would have given my kidney at this point)! The owner looked at me and said 'u can ave him'
So now he's mine!! :love:

He lives in a hutch outside but it's open all day so he can come and go as he pleases, i leave the patio doors open and he comes into the house and jumps on the sofa, he loves cuddles and he looks so happy!

Sorry for the long post, be prepared for me asking questions and picking your brains! Its been 8 years since my beloved Alfie passed so I'm a bit rusty rabbit rise!

Some pics of my thumper

10nxa1i.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2pqsu83.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/ndvnl1.jpg
v7a9tf.jpg

Awwwww he's a gorgeous bun, and he's so lucky you got him out of those terrible conditions :love:!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

He is such a cutie, how could anyone be cruel to him :evil:

Well done you for getting him a nice new home! :D

Hi, and welcome to the forum :wave: I'm so happy you got Thumper out of those conditions, he is gorgeous :love:

oh he is so handsome!! LOVE LOVE LOVE that last pic of him standing so happy and proud out of his hutch!

He was meant to be with you ! x

Awww Thankyou for the warm welcome! I think thumper found me / chose me and it was fate, he's such a happy little soul :)

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Welcome & well done on rescuing Thumper. Many people wouldn't have had the courage. His future life looks great........perhaps a friend may be next on his wish list😉

Aw, thank goodness you found each other twice!! My Bunbun also found us. Hello, I'm also from Wales, although in West Yorkshire now:D

Well done you! I'm amazed the original owners even bothered to come and collect him, seeing as they didn't really want him anyway :(

What a lovely story :love:

Good thinking about the dandelion!

Great that the original owners let him escape in the first place or you may never have met.

He looks a real sweetie. Welcome to RU.

Back