• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is 6 too risky to spay a girly ?

chance

Warren Scout
As title ?! Not my bunny but a friend has just taken on a bunny , believed to be about 6 . She would like to bond her with a male ( done ) would they bond if op too risky or should she get her spayed ? Or leave her on her own ? Really badly written !!

I'd be happy for my vet to spay a 6 year old if she was happy with the rabbit in question. ie I would want to have her spayed but would only have it done with a rabbit savvy vet.

I think she would bond with a neutered male, but she is at high risk of getting uterine cancer if she isn't spayed. If she seems really healthy and a good weight then I would opt for the spay, but if she is in poorish condition then you would have to weigh up the situation. I had a 5.1/2 yr old girl spayed last year and she recovered quicker than the younger one she went in with.

I would have no issue spaying a 6 year old as long as she is healthy

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Back