• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Utterly utterly fed up.

Vanessa.B

Mama Doe
Living on the edge of the moors we have have often seen wildies in our back garden, have even had a nursery burrow and last year had a young wildie hanging around for ages irritating Gabriel in particular. At the end of last summer we finally got round to have some proper fencing put in across the back of the garden which in theory stops access from the fields and moors. I thought this would stop wildies from getting into the garden.

Two days ago I came home to find Gabe and Spring's run full of fur their fur which shocked me as in the two years they have been together there has never been any aggression. My first though was that somehow the threesome had got out (however unlikely) and had caused problems. They were safe in their shed though, so after checking Gabe and Spring over I put it down to spring fever.

As it was a nice day I let the threesome down onto the grass to have some free range time - albeit in a large enclosed area. I settled down on the steps to supervise. To my amazement and then horror a tiny wildie - probably not long out of it's nest - came out from under the conifers and squeezed through the enclosure run panels onto the grass with the threesome. All hell broke loose as Hollie charged at the wildie and the threesome turned on each other.

Yesterday I came home to find Gabe and Spring had been fighting again and Hollie had become very wary of Rosie. Chris was away and I had to collect Paddy from the vets where he had spent a couple of days on a drip after being very poorly with gastroenteritis. A nightmare.

This morning it is clear that Rosie will no longer tolerate Hollie and that the threesome's bond has broken down. I cannot believe this is a co-incidence, the wildie must have destablised things. I cannot understand where it has come from. Because of the shape of the garden and the placement of Gabe and Spring's accommodation we cannot prevent access to it by the wildie and it is now too late to try and sort out anything for the threesome. The damage is done. Rosie is a very stubborn moo and I cannot see that things will get better on their own - if at all.

The threesome are in a large shed so I can give Hollie her own space in there until or if I try to get them back together. They were fine up to this point - more often than not snuggled together.

I am utterly fed up - a bit woe is me I know - but this year has been a succession of problems.

Oh no, I'm so sorry, that's awful :( i totally empathise with the succession of problems! :( it just wears you down doesn't it :( xxx

Thank you. Have just looked out of the kitchen window - the baby wildie is in the garden. It has manged to get through the bars of Spring and Gabe's garden run and is now in the runaround tunnel that links it to their permanent run. It cannot get in with Gabe and Spring, but no wonder they have kicked off if they can hear it :(:(:(:(

What a shame. You wonder why the wildie would even want to make contact with your trio. Unfortunately I know the stress of a broken bond. Hope you work something out.

Back