• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP i need genius people for a stupid mistake solution....kinda funny...

lucy24

Mama Doe
so i ordered a new lid for my run to make it easier to get in and out without bending. the area of the run is 150cm x 180cm. i needed 2 parts to lift off. so i needed to half the 150cm to make 75cm....but i then halved the 180cm bit as well by mistake so instead of having 2 pieces measuring 75cm x 180cm i have 2 pieces that are 75cm x 90cm..... :oops:

i will now have to re-order....with the right measurements.... how embarrassing...:oops::oops::oops::oops:

this will be £60 for the right size but my question is this:
if i was to order 2 pieces the same as the ones i got wrong(which would be £30), could i make it so it worked by having 4 small lids? if so how?

i just read this and it probably wont make any sense to you guys, oh well....go on, laugh at my expense....:lol::lol::lol:

Why don't you order the other part to be 90x150 or 180x75 depending on which way you prefer it,and then you'd have 3 pieces instead of 4 or a whole new one. The only thing you would need is some kind of brace across the middle so that the pieces that stop half way in have something to take their weight,otherwise they would just collapse into the middle, but that should be easy enough to do with just a single piece of wood.

I'd be very cross, feel very stupid ..... and then realise that I wouldn't be the first or last to make a mistake.

Then I'd put it down to experience and re-order the correct size.

yeah, im ordering the right size :lol:

im not telling my dad- he will be like 'you've wasted money' lalalala...:roll:

i have emailed the guy...im sure he will think, 'typical woman' and have a laugh LOL oh well...:lol::lol:

Back