• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please be careful if you use these cages!

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Last night I had a bit of a scare, I still don't know exactly what happened. Whilst the utility is being done my boys are staying in a temporary cage with the run of the living room whilst we are in. I know its not ideal but its for another week or so then then will have their new enclosure :D

Anyway, I was in the kitchen making the dinner and I heard my partner shouting 'WOAH WOAH WOAH' and ran in like a flash of lightning, luckily by the time I got there it was already over. Milo had jumped up as my partner had opened the top of the cage to put new water in and got his head stuck here:

The holes on this one are smaller but on mine they are a little bigger.
Apparently he could get his head in but not out, he was off his feet for a second with his head stuck.

Like I say it was a total freak accident and I still have no idea how he did it, luckily my partner acted quickly and he was out within a split second. I watched him very closely last night and he literally ate and was hopping around fine a minute after it happened, luckily nothing terrible happened and he is fine. But if anyone has these types of cages as medical or temporary housing PLEASE watch out for this. I'm now always making sure it firmly shut and locked as you can just rest the lid down without securing it, if Milo had ever done this without anyone being there I dread to think what might have happened....

Last edited:
Gosh, so glad he is ok. The little door bit that hinges down like a ramp on those cages always look like they could be a danger for a foot snagging too :(

Gosh, so glad he is ok. The little door bit that hinges down like a ramp on those cages always look like they could be a danger for a foot snagging too :(

In all honesty I dislike these cages a LOT, they are just OK for using as temporary housing or medical but I wouldn't even use it as a hidey place when my rabbits get their new enclosure. I find there's a few design flaws with them...

Im just glad nothing drastic happened. I was SO worried about his little neck. Luckily I had a good feel and he would have told me off if he was hurt. But he was hopping around like it didn't even happen! He was looking at me while I was feeling his neck and head like ''Whats all the fuss mummeh?''

Back