• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Foragers...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Do you wash it before drying it out? I got tons of brambles yesterday, but if I wash them all I have nowhere to dry them! I have washed some, but don't want to waste the rest...

I always do wash them. I have a special bowl; cut just the leaves off; drain them in a sieve; and then put them on trays in the airing cupboard.

Others use salad spinners and/or dry on trays in the oven (low temp)

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do :) We washed a load of hawthorn, sticky willies (cleavers!) and that really long bladed grass today.

But we dry them on top of an old rabbit run in the shed, we're going to take it apart and make a few drying racks though :p

i wash things like dandelions/plantain that come from the ground but not brambles/apple leaves etc....not sure where my logic comes from though! i'm just thinking of dog wee i guess :oops: im not sure what could get on it in a tree that couldnt get into their shed anyway

i wash things like dandelions/plantain that come from the ground but not brambles/apple leaves etc....not sure where my logic comes from though! i'm just thinking of dog wee i guess :oops: im not sure what could get on it in a tree that couldnt get into their shed anyway

I do the same, and most of the brambles/hawthorn I get are from an area well away from dogs/traffic pollution etc.

I dont wash any of my forage. But i get it all from my garden tho.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

Back