• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weeing.....

vicky_26

Warren Scout
A few weeks back Hugo 'learnt' how to jump up on to my sofa...so tended to come up, have a little explore come and see me for some nose rubs and licking of my arm ?! tended to do a few poos and then jump back off.

Today, he jumped up and sat at the other side of the sofa to me on a cushion.

All of a sudden I heard a kind of whoosh and saw he had weed. Luckily I have a leather sofa (although cushion is now in the washing machine!!)

I cleaned up.... Told him in no uncertain terms he was a naughty boy and hoped that was that. He jumped back up a little while later and when he jumped off did see a little dribble but then he jumped back up came and sat on my lap for a while (whilst I am pleading in my head he don't wee on me!) then he hopped off my lap and proceeded to wee again on the sofa!

Is this hormonal? He is 17 weeks old now and he's always been really good at weeing in his litter tray only up to now. He is going to the vets tomorrow for his vacs so I hoping to get some guidance from them as to when they will neuter him.

A few weeks back Hugo 'learnt' how to jump up on to my sofa...so tended to come up, have a little explore come and see me for some nose rubs and licking of my arm ?! tended to do a few poos and then jump back off.

Today, he jumped up and sat at the other side of the sofa to me on a cushion.

All of a sudden I heard a kind of whoosh and saw he had weed. Luckily I have a leather sofa (although cushion is now in the washing machine!!)

I cleaned up.... Told him in no uncertain terms he was a naughty boy and hoped that was that. He jumped back up a little while later and when he jumped off did see a little dribble but then he jumped back up came and sat on my lap for a while (whilst I am pleading in my head he don't wee on me!) then he hopped off my lap and proceeded to wee again on the sofa!

Is this hormonal? He is 17 weeks old now and he's always been really good at weeing in his litter tray only up to now. He is going to the vets tomorrow for his vacs so I hoping to get some guidance from them as to when they will neuter him.

Definitely territory marking. Maizie and Daisy pee on my sofa (I now cover it wih a shower curtain and towel when I'm not in the room) and Marble pees on my bed if I allow her up there :roll:

I believe it will continue until he is neutered unfortunately, so hopefully you can get him done soon!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My boy bun Harvey always pees on the sofa if I let him near it. He is a year old and neutered since he was 6 months but still does it. When clearing it up I scrub the area with vinegar in the hope that he won't think it smells of wee (that encourages then to wee there again) but no joy. I rearranged my living room so he can't get to the sofa. He never pees on the carpet or anywhere, I think it's because the sofa smells of people and he wants it to smell of him!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

The joys of having house buns...... I think I have been lucky with Poppy and Parker....Hugo is turning in to a proper little monkey - as well as the weeing he is a chewer....anything and everything! And he circles my feet now like a proper little maniac!

Want to get him neutered as soon as possible - hopefully that will calm him down a little x

Back