• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best place for 7ft single hutch?

catherine09

Mama Doe
I'm after a 7ft by 2.5ft/3ft hutch on quite long legs (2-3ft), and struggling a bit!

Welfare hutches aren't taking orders, happy hutch don't do anything bigger than 6ft and I've priced up what I want on boyles, and it came to £320 and to be honest if I wanted to spend that much money id buy a Forsham one for £100 more!

Any ideas? Struggling to find people would would custom make to my spec for a reasonable price

I'm just praying a secondhand Forsham hutch comes onto eBay, been wanting one for ages but I actually have a real need for it now!

Have you tried speaking to The Hutch Man? here on RU? he makes awesome hutches. Not sure you'd get one for that price though :wave:

http://www.gardenwoodcraft.co.uk/bespoke-gallery/

They offer a bespoke service if their RSPCA recommended hutches just are not big enough but depending on how sturdy you want it it may well work out at a similar price to a Forsham.

I have a Forsham Giant and it has really been worth all the money. Really thick wood, not showing signs of wear form the winters, draughtproofing in doors, good raised frame, easy to treat each year and the buns love it. My garden is full of bun eating predators and its nbot even showing scratches on the bolts. :lol:

Might be worth looking at a good sized shed or a large dog kennel as an alternative if it is for a very big bun.

http://www.gardenwoodcraft.co.uk/bespoke-gallery/

They offer a bespoke service if their RSPCA recommended hutches just are not big enough but depending on how sturdy you want it it may well work out at a similar price to a Forsham.

I have a Forsham Giant and it has really been worth all the money. Really thick wood, not showing signs of wear form the winters, draughtproofing in doors, good raised frame, easy to treat each year and the buns love it. My garden is full of bun eating predators and its nbot even showing scratches on the bolts. :lol:

Might be worth looking at a good sized shed or a large dog kennel as an alternative if it is for a very big bun.

It's for my guinea pigs, hence the specific set of criteria. I also need it quite quickly as they're currently in one of the boarding hutches as I've had it with their old hutch haha

The thing is I just can't justify spending £400 on a Forsham when I've seen them do for £50 and £75 on eBay. Just got to be patient lol

It's for my guinea pigs, hence the specific set of criteria. I also need it quite quickly as they're currently in one of the boarding hutches as I've had it with their old hutch haha

The thing is I just can't justify spending £400 on a Forsham when I've seen them do for £50 and £75 on eBay. Just got to be patient lol

My hutches are the best quality on the market for the best price
I see some sell 6ft hutches for over £300????
My 6ft x 2ft x 2ft is just £199 delivered and I would take the Pepsi challange with any other hutch builder.
That's with a two man delivery to anywhere you want the hutch.

I'm after a 7ft by 2.5ft/3ft hutch on quite long legs (2-3ft), and struggling a bit!

Welfare hutches aren't taking orders, happy hutch don't do anything bigger than 6ft and I've priced up what I want on boyles, and it came to £320 and to be honest if I wanted to spend that much money id buy a Forsham one for £100 more!

Any ideas? Struggling to find people would would custom make to my spec for a reasonable price

I'm just praying a secondhand Forsham hutch comes onto eBay, been wanting one for ages but I actually have a real need for it now!

I am planing on creating a cheaper range to add to the site within the next few weeks if this is any help.

Back