• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange baby bunny behavior.

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
So I took an unwanted bun from a family who live near us and hey presto 10 days later the poor little mite had a litter of kits.

I've dealt with baby buns quite a but but now they are just over 2 weeks old I keep finding one if the kits out if the best and sitting under the ramp in the hutch. I put it back and it snuggles into the group yet a few hours later there it is under thee ramp again. The kit seems fine, is the same size as the others but I'm concerned about this odd behavior. It started yesterday and I don't know why.

Is the kit just adventurous or is there something wrong? It just sits unde the ramp so I'm not convinced by the adventurous idea tbh.

It could be particularly persistent - sometimes they'll latch on and get dragged out the nest. Having a wood strip about 2-3" high for mum to hop over as she leaves the nest usually knocks them off.

They will start exploring in the next few days so it could be an early starter. Is there hay in the nest? Maybe add a little fresh for them to start nibbling in case he's getting peckish. I take it they all have fat bellies?

Back