• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Echinacea?

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I was just wondering...... which is always a worry!

If Echinacea can boost the immune system and improve condition is it feasible that is can also boost bad things like tumours and other growths?

I know a few people including ourselves who have lost recently rescued bunnies to things like cancer. The theory being that once bunny starts getting everything it needs it also "feeds" the cancer and that then takes over :(

So I was wondering if the same principle could work for immune boosting plants/ potions and cancers/ growths. ...??

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

I don't know much about it myself, but my OH's colleague used to take it every day and she never had a day off sick in 11 years so I suppose that's good. Are you thinking about giving it rabbits?

I would think that's unlikely (based on my reasonable medical knowledge) What I would say though is be careful which echinacea tinctures you buy if going for liquids, a lot of them are alcohol based. Neil's Yard do one that isn't and I've given it to rats before.

I take it every day and I am hoping that your theory is not true!!

I also used to give it to my Inca.

I would think that if it boosts the immune system then it helps to produce what would be needed to fight off tumours, cancers etc.

Since I started taking it I have only had a really bad cold once and that was when I went on holiday and forgot to take it with me so missed out on 4 days of it.

This is the one I used for me and Inca http://www.solgar.com/SolgarProducts/FP-Echinacea-Vegetable-Capsules.htm

Im using galens garden immune support tincture and their echinachea pellets so all specifically for rabbits. But since taz started taking it he has had growths popping up rapidly :( so I was thinking of stopping it to see if it makes a difference.

His coat is looking amazing and he has loads of energy, well for an old sick bunny, but the growths are starting to become a problem

Just to add- the point I was trying to make was if the animal was neglected/emaciated first could it have this effect.

For humans it is unlikely they were ever in a position to be suffering from malnutrition first so it wouldn't apply.

Taz was in very poor bodily condition when rescued in February. He has extra meals, probiotics in his water all sorts but has put on very little extra weight. The only thing growing are the growths!

Back