• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny smells of B.O

moi

Mama Doe
Honestly he has a very odd smell to him, first I thought it was me or my Son but its definatly new bun. Is that normal x

I know that if someone has been wearing a lot of perfume and has hugged Indy or Mimi, I can smell it on them afterwards.

Could it be that the old owner had a strong odour and has transferred the smell?

Never heard of a rabbit smelling of BO before :mrgreen:

I know that if someone has been wearing a lot of perfume and has hugged Indy or Mimi, I can smell it on them afterwards.

Could it be that the old owner had a strong odour and has transferred the smell?

Never heard of a rabbit smelling of BO before :mrgreen:

Im not sure, cant really ask if they have b.o! lol x

Is he neutered? Unneutered males can sometimes whiff a little.

The other thing to check is his scent glands, they are in a fold each side of his boy bits under the tail. Sometimes they can get clogged up and really hummm :lol:

Is he neutered? Unneutered males can sometimes whiff a little.

The other thing to check is his scent glands, they are in a fold each side of his boy bits under the tail. Sometimes they can get clogged up and really hummm :lol:

He is neutered. Ill have to have a little look x

I was going to say man hormones or scent glands. But also a bunny with a mouth infection can have a nasty 'BO' type of smell so that will be worth considering if he is already neutered and you have checked his scent glands and they are clean.

Back