• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED: Elderly rabbit

*Spider*

Wise Old Thumper
Unfortunately Toffee my 11year old boy has been widowed.
Therefore I'm looking for an elderly companion for him to enjoy his golden years with. Must be neutered, vacc'd and have a similar kind calm nature.
Not fussed on looks, size etc.

Looked on rabbit rehome but they all see young at 5-6. Would consider that age but know elderly buns are particularly hard to rehome.

Any ideas?

Unfortunately Toffee my 11year old boy has been widowed.
Therefore I'm looking for an elderly companion for him to enjoy his golden years with. Must be neutered, vacc'd and have a similar kind calm nature.
Not fussed on looks, size etc.

Looked on rabbit rehome but they all see young at 5-6. Would consider that age but know elderly buns are particularly hard to rehome.

Any ideas?

Hey Hetty, good to hear from you again :wave:. So sorry you lost your old bunny :(. I was also going to suggest Catx's blog of oldies.

there is the most beautiful girl at cottontails at the moment. 8yrs old. lost her husbun a year ago. if they weren't so far away, i'd be soooo tempted to try her with bisc, but it's such a long way for her to travel and if they don't get on, she would have to travel back again. but she's beautiful and sounds a lovely personality. :love:

not sure how close you are to them, but got to be closer than me!

http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/bella/

there is the most beautiful girl at cottontails at the moment. 8yrs old. lost her husbun a year ago. if they weren't so far away, i'd be soooo tempted to try her with bisc, but it's such a long way for her to travel and if they don't get on, she would have to travel back again. but she's beautiful and sounds a lovely personality. :love:

not sure how close you are to them, but got to be closer than me!

http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/bella/

Oh wow she's awesome :love: I'd be after her myself if I had a similar aged bunny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We (Walsall RSPCA) have an 8yr old netherland dwarf female who is due to be spayed the week after next. Her name is Mia - she came to us as part of a large rescue we helped the Rabbit Residence with recently.

We (Walsall RSPCA) have an 8yr old netherland dwarf female who is due to be spayed the week after next. Her name is Mia - she came to us as part of a large rescue we helped the Rabbit Residence with recently.

Ooh good luck with the neuter, hope it goes ok x

Awww! I've met a few of those at RRR and they are some super sweet little bunnies despite what they've gone through, fingers crossed for the spay!

The OABunnies blog that Weeble linked to is mine. In my trawls around the rescue websites, bunnies over 7-8 are rare, but 5-6 is fairly common. Try Cuddly Critters in Essex, they seem to have a lot of older rabbits at the moment, like Lola here who is 7:
http://cuddlycrittersrehoming.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=192289339

Last edited:
HETTY!!!! Where the devil have you been?!?!

Sorry, completely inappropriate excitement, given the circumstances, I'm very sorry for your loss hun xx

Hey everyone :wave: it's been a while! I used to be addicted to this place!

I feel so sorry for Toffee although he seems in good spirits. Considering having him as a housebun due his old age.

Looking for an older him as I know they're so hard to rehome. I'm really not fussed on what they are/look like, just must be quiet and submissive like Toffee. He's such a gentle old boy xx

Back