• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

At a loss with Marble.

tashp90

Warren Veteran
She has lots of chew things. A cardboard box full of hay, her litter tray, wooden toys/chews, her treat ball, her carrot cottage etc yet she is still ruining the underneath of my bed. She is ripping and chewing the leather off it :cry: I have no idea how I can stop her, every time I make a loud noise, she pauses and then carries on. I'm being woken up every day at around 5/6 in the morning to her doing this, that's if she's been quiet enough through the night to allow me to sleep! This last week, I'm lucky if I've had 3 hours solid sleep each night, I just don't know why she's suddenly being like this :cry:

Last edited:
Honestly I think the only way to stop her is to block her access to under your bed. Can you put puppy panels all the way around it maybe?

Sadly I too think the only way to stop her is by blocking access, I've had the same problem with our particularly destructive Truffles and nothing else worked.

I know what it feels like to be frustrated with their destructiveness :( Lana always finds things to destroy and has pulled off wallpaper, eaten holes in carpet, the curtains, eaten through the straps on a pair of sandals, eaten a whole bunch of wires and destroyed my Wii, Tv and absolutely wrecked by couch.. all I thought i had successfully blocked off :lol: For me it's just a case of learning how to get better at bunny proofing. She has no interest in things I give her to destroy.. think she just has a taste for expensive things :D

Thanks for replies! I'd rather her chew my bed than the walls etc as my flat is furnished. I'm going to try giving her a newspaper to see if she's interested in shredding that instead.
Problem wih blocking the underneath of my bed is that it massively limits how much room she has, my bedroom isn't very big, and she spend most of her time under the bed because it's where she prefers sleeping.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Argh I can relate to this enormously. Marbles' favourite is my very expensive bed sheets and leather headboard which is now ripped to shreds :evil:

Could you somehow attach some mesh to the bottom of your bed so she can't get her teeth into it? Not sure how you'd attach it but it shouldn't effect her space? It's hard work isn't it I've never felt so exhausted as I have since having marbles in my room!

Argh I can relate to this enormously. Marbles' favourite is my very expensive bed sheets and leather headboard which is now ripped to shreds :evil:

Could you somehow attach some mesh to the bottom of your bed so she can't get her teeth into it? Not sure how you'd attach it but it shouldn't effect her space? It's hard work isn't it I've never felt so exhausted as I have since having marbles in my room!

Something about the similar names :lol:
mesh could be a good idea, I'd have to be creative about how I attach it though :lol:
I can't wait to hopefully bond her with the other 2, I can stop being caged in at night, and actually have some peace :lol:

Something about the similar names :lol:
mesh could be a good idea, I'd have to be creative about how I attach it though :lol:
I can't wait to hopefully bond her with the other 2, I can stop being caged in at night, and actually have some peace :lol:

Have you tried putting some chewable wood under your bed and see if that distracts her? I mean like big lumps? I got mine a couple of those small wooden tables. Now they sit on them and chew instead of chewing my couch.

I have to admit I think I've been fairly blessed thus far, neither of my two have chewed anything expensive (Yet!) My satchel I take to work has some Finn sized bite marks in it but I wouldn't change them now! And Finn tried to put a hole in one of my jumpers last night, it was hanging on a clothes horse a little low for his liking! :lol:

Have you tried putting some chewable wood under your bed and see if that distracts her? I mean like big lumps? Mine were always trying to chew the couch and I got them a couple of those small wooden tables. Now they sit on them and chew instead of chewing my couch.

I have to admit I think I've been fairly blessed thus far, neither of my two have chewed anything expensive (Yet!) My satchel I take to work has some Finn sized bite marks in it but I wouldn't change them now! And Finn tried to put a hole in one of my jumpers last night, it was hanging on a clothes horse a little low for his liking! :lol:

I've come to the conclusion that she wanted something comfortable to lie on under there :lol:
She pulled one of her beds underneath there, but ripped it all open, so I bought her a smaller cushion yesterday and we had no chewing last night.
She has several things available to chew, but the only one she's interested in now is her carrot cottage :roll:

I'm lucky with the other two, apart from a small hole in the corner of my wall, they don't chew anything they're not supposed to. I can even leave my clothes out to dry on the airer all night and they don't bother :lol:

I've come to the conclusion that she wanted something comfortable to lie on under there :lol:
She pulled one of her beds underneath there, but ripped it all open, so I bought her a smaller cushion yesterday and we had no chewing last night.
She has several things available to chew, but the only one she's interested in now is her carrot cottage :roll:

I'm lucky with the other two, apart from a small hole in the corner of my wall, they don't chew anything they're not supposed to. I can even leave my clothes out to dry on the airer all night and they don't bother :lol:

I'm pretty sure that Finn is going to be a chewer. Milo sometimes worries me because he hardly chews anything. He is the best hay eater in the world but will only have the odd nibble on willow and herbs and the like. I gave him a piece of cherry last night and he just gave it one lick and turned his back on it...

I'm pretty sure that Finn is going to be a chewer. Milo sometimes worries me because he hardly chews anything. He is the best hay eater in the world but will only have the odd nibble on willow and herbs and the like. I gave him a piece of cherry last night and he just gave it one lick and turned his back on it...

as long as he's eating hay it's not too much of a worry. It's just finding things he like. My three will eat any herb I put in front of them, but veggies they're a bit more fussy with

as long as he's eating hay it's not too much of a worry. It's just finding things he like. My three will eat any herb I put in front of them, but veggies they're a bit more fussy with

I've only thus far found broccoli and the odd bit of dandelion leaf that Milo will eat, and even then its only a nibble.

Finn will shove anything down, dandelion, grass, sticky weed, broccoli, carrot tops, apple, pear, cherry..... Hes a really greedy bunny. :lol:

I've only thus far found broccoli and the odd bit of dandelion leaf that Milo will eat, and even then its only a nibble.

Finn will shove anything down, dandelion, grass, sticky weed, broccoli, carrot tops, apple, pear, cherry..... Hes a really greedy bunny. :lol:

Have you tried leafy greens? Mine love spring greens, kale, etc. And things like baby corn. Their favourite herb is mint, all 3 will mug me if I have mint :lol:

Have you tried leafy greens? Mine love spring greens, kale, etc. And things like baby corn. Their favourite herb is mint, all 3 will mug me if I have mint :lol:

In all honesty I haven't looked for mint or kale yet. I keep meaning to seek it out in the supermarket or the fruit stall near my nans house. My boys excel pellet has mint in it apparently so I always forget to look for it just with thinking its already supposed to be in there. Maybe that's what i'll try next :thumb:

I actually wanted to get some kale as someone told me about a healthy chocolate shake you can aparrently make that is loaded with kale as it doesn't have a lot of flavour. This type of thing http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/2013/03/chocolate-kale-protein-smoothie-2.html

Trying to be good as the amount of pizzas and take away I ate last week whilst on holiday was disgraceful...:lol:

In all honesty I haven't looked for mint or kale yet. I keep meaning to seek it out in the supermarket or the fruit stall near my nans house. My boys excel pellet has mint in it apparently so I always forget to look for it just with thinking its already supposed to be in there. Maybe that's what i'll try next :thumb:

I actually wanted to get some kale as someone told me about a healthy chocolate shake you can aparrently make that is loaded with kale as it doesn't have a lot of flavour. This type of thing http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com/2013/03/chocolate-kale-protein-smoothie-2.html

Trying to be good as the amount of pizzas and take away I ate last week whilst on holiday was disgraceful...:lol:

Kale is high in calcium so they shouldn't be given too much, but mine love it :lol:

Every supermarket I've been to sells mint, it's at the herb section of fresh veggies etc and you can smell it as soon as they start munching lol. Mine love all herbs, they aren't too fussed on thyme, but I don't blame them :lol:

Their favourite veggies seem to be broccoli, spring greens, cauliflower, kale, spinach, baby sweetcorn, watercress, fennel, carrot tops, and they love to play with sprouts :lol:

Back