• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Final pics of Bunny home - UP DATE: Home visit at 5pm today!!!

ridley

Warren Scout
Well, its finished!
We put the Galvenised mesh up at the bottom pannel so that the buns cant chew through and sorted out where everything is going! Just to put food/water/hay down, but that will happen when i know for sure when the buns are coming!
At the moment there are just lots of rags/blankets etc in the hutch, but more and some hay can be added when/if it got colder out there :)

It measures 9.7ft x 4.9 ft :D

Bunnyhomefinal_zpsc846b86b.jpg

p.s. after some very helpful comments about the orange/black tunnel, i decided to fix it to the wall on one end and support the other end in a box! Time will tell if it works!

Last edited:
Well, its finished!
We put the Galvenised mesh up at the bottom pannel so that the buns cant chew through and sorted out where everything is going! Just to put food/water/hay down, but that will happen when i know for sure when the buns are coming!
At the moment there are just lots of rags/blankets etc in the hutch, but more and some hay can be added when/if it got colder out there :)

It measures 9.7ft x 4.9 ft :D

Bunnyhomefinal_zpsc846b86b.jpg

p.s. after some very helpful comments about the orange/black tunnel, i decided to fix it to the wall on one end and support the other end in a box! Time will tell if it works!

It looks brilliant!

Just one little point that I have highlighted, I may have read this incorrectly so apologies if I have! Are you aware that the main bulk of their diet should be hay and that it should be available at all times?

Once again, sorry if you already knew that!

It looks great :thumb: the only thing i would change is the little hay racks over the litter tray.. They are tiny! If you are not going to put hay in the actual litter tray (which bunnies love) i think the hay rack needs to be much bigger,like those half moon shaped plant holder thingies :wave:

It looks great :thumb: the only thing i would change is the little hay racks over the litter tray.. They are tiny! If you are not going to put hay in the actual litter tray (which bunnies love) i think the hay rack needs to be much bigger,like those half moon shaped plant holder thingies :wave:

Whoops, didn't notice them! :oops:

Yep, no worries! :thumb:

I plan on putting Hay around in Loo rolls and get another big basket for them! They wont go without, dont worry!!! x

Yep, no worries! :thumb:

I plan on putting Hay around in Loo rolls and get another big basket for them! They wont go without, dont worry!!! x

Glad to hear this :) I tend to use underbed storage boxes (like the one under your hay racks) and just put a massive pile of hay in there with newspaper underneath, as they literally need to be munching on it all day long :) I think the RWAF say that they should eat a pile of hay at least the same size as themselves every day. Putting it into big litter trays also helps with litter training, as they pee and poop as they eat :) For that reason I probably wouldn't put any hay in the hutch unless you're going to put a tray in there, as they'll pee all over it :lol:

Good luck with your home check!

ETA: This is what I mean by using an underbed storage box for hay, as you can see they did have little hay racks above it too, but they didn't use them very often.

They also like to sleep in their big trays, here's one of my pairs :lol:

Last edited:
some little improvements...

I have fashioned anther Hay Rack to go above the litter tray and made some toilet roll hay snacks!

Hopefully this will be enough!

20140601_130908_zps7d0a9798.jpg

20140601_130913_zpsec07174d.jpg

The home visit is about 5pm today - wish me luck!!! :wave:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine, I bet you can't wait for some lucky buns to come to their forever home :thumb:

Good luck - I put mahoosive piles of hay into underbed storage boxes too, also medium sized dog beds from Home Bargains xx

Back