• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you trust this (travelling) bunny savvy pet sitter?

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
ME!!!!!!!!:shock::shock:

I'm just trying to get some ideas about what you would expect and like from a live in pet sitter.

I may need change course career wise and thought I some feedback from you guys would be useful.

Not necessarily covering just my local area either.

So I would feed, care and love your pets and animals as I would my own, care for your property with respect and hopefully give you peace of mind whilst you are away.
Feel free to add any comments.

Thanks.
Di. xx

Dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, tortoises, hamsters, degus, gerbils, fish, ducks, geese, chickens, sheep......and any that I haven't mentioned....I am willing to learn.

Last edited:
I would trust you :thumb:

How would you feel about living in a smokers house though? I don't know if I would personally have someone do that, but that's mainly because I don't have a cleaner and I probably don't keep on top of things as much as should do :oops:

What about your pets? :shock:

I think you'd be brilliant too :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Absolutely definitely YES!
I have been looking for a good pet sitter (rabbit savvy) for ages!
If you are happy to travel I would hire you in a flash !

If you do decide to do this then please please please pm me
Nikki

would you need a crb check, or whatever they're called nowadays? but I'm sure it could be an interesting and lucrative new venture. get yourself on youtube so people can see you. website obv. maybe small ad in posh papers...

I would never let someone I didnt know well and personally (in the flesh) to be in my home while I was away x

I'd have mrs b housesit in a heartbeat. Would love to know my furry family were safe with their home comforts and in great hands x

Great idea. We have a pet sitter we know come when we go away but once when she wasn't available we went through an agency. I forget their name but the agency had references for all of their pet sitters, so might be an idea although I imagine most people on here would trust you without :thumb:

I think it's great!

I think you'd need though:
- a CRB check
- a reference from your vet
- references from people whose animals you'd had for boarding
- a proper contract drawn up that you could use.

Good luck

:wave::wave:

Me too definitely - I keep saying we should take the children (and Molly Woof) on holiday but if you wouldn't mind mahoosive fluffy cats and the rest of the furries?!

Last edited:
Me :wave:

I would probably want to get to know you a bit first though (beyond knowing that you are lovely from the forum of course :p)

Having a friend to stay would be ok, a stranger not so much, I'm a private person and my home is my safe place!

Having a friend to stay would be ok, a stranger not so much, I'm a private person and my home is my safe place!

I feel a bit like this too, I'd prefer to have someone visit and go home again, it would just be too weird to have a stranger living in the house, sleeping in the bed, using the bathroom, opening the cupboards etc. Lovely idea but I suspect it's one of those things where there's a limited market because most people would only consider it if they personally knew you.

I know someone who does this and gets lots of work. There are also agencies you can join for an added veneer of trustworthiness :)

Back