• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Over grooming !

MaxMack1

New Kit
I'm having a bit of trouble with my dwarf-cross male. He isn't neutered and he has a friend, plenty of toys and a huge run in the garden. However he keeps over grooming the areas around the knee. The are isn't crusty and doesn't appear to be inflamed. He has been seen by my vet who checked for parasites and mites and none where found. He was prescribed some Dermisol cream and initially the areas healed up nicely and had good hair regrowth. Unfortunately he started excessively licking again and the areas are now larger than ever before. He seems to do it when him and his friend get particularly excited ( both of them are I neutered males ) . I would really appreciate any advice anybody can offer me!!

hi there :)

I think you should take your bunny back to the vets and maybe get him x rayed to make sure his knee is okay or take him back to the vets to ask them about getting him the dermisol cream again.

Hopefully I helped a little

Back