• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More to do?

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Do you ever feel that what you do for your buns is enough or do you always feel there is more you need to do?

Molly has been with me nearly 4 years now and I'm pretty sure she is happy and has a good life so why am I constantly obsessed with making it better. I am sitting with her now in her 120sq ft room, totally cage free. She has plenty of human interaction, lots of toys, soft places to sleep, 3 sorts of hay on offer, freshly picked forage for tea.... The only thing missing is a friend and we have a potential husbun reserved so we will hopefully be all good there too.

She means the world to me and I just want the best for her but I would also like to be satisfied with what I am doing. Does this post make any sense? I'm not sure it does.:oops:

I think we all strive to improve our buns lives as much as possible...It shows how much we love them, and how much they mean to us!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think we all strive to improve our buns lives as much as possible...It shows how much we love them, and how much they mean to us!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That's very true. Never knew how deeply you could love an animal till I had bunnies.:love:

I think it's also cos they're so funny when they investigate new things and you have no idea if it will be best/yummiest thing ever..... Or ignored

Yes, yes! Today we tried sticky weed for the first time. Wish I had filmed it as the look on her face was priceless! Needless to say she won't be having any tomorrow :lol:

awww! what a lovely post! I guess sometimes pets get taken for granted, so its lovely to hear that you are always striving to make her happier and happier! I cant wait to get my buns and make their lives long and happy! x Having said that -i feel that way about my Cats! x

Oh I so know what you mean, I obsess about how happy they are and what I can do to make things better... I've spent a fortune on a custom made bunny summerhouse, because a standard shed just wouldn't do! and metal panel walk in runs, so they were fox proof, with roof and drainpipes, they are 5m long and 1.5m wide, so plenty big (as they get free range time too), and now I'm thinking they need extra levels, and maybe another bedroom that's outside in the aviary. I forage in the rain, and they generally get at least 6 types of different forage a day, but it doesn't seem enough...... I need help!:lol:

Agree completely. I'm always trying to think of more I can do for my two. I think my dad dispairs, he's always building rabbit extensions! I'm away on holiday at the moment (mums on rabbit watch) and apparently dad has customised something whilst I've been away. I think he likes it really :lol:

I feel very much the same, especially about the size of housing. At the moment they have about 100sqft but it feels like nowhere near enough so I'm trying to work out what I can fit in the garden.

I find it very hard to balance their needs and my wants as well. I'd love a pretty garden but the plants that will grow in the shade and look nice are poisonous so I have to decide between pretty garden or rabbits being able to free range. Likewise, I'd like to be able to give them herbs and stuff all the time but it's expensive to do so. I'd like them to come in in the winter but I can't handle them in the lounge and don't want to sacrifice my space room.

Back