• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay, food, toys etc free to rescues*collection needed by Monday*

Ryo_the_rat

Warren Scout
It is with a broken heavy heart that i write this thread as we have lots to donate due to our trio of gorgeous bunnies having passed away :cry: within the space of a few months they all left us, all due to unrelated causes, and all leaving a big hole in our home and our family. they were all old bunnies at 9 years old but to lose them the way we did has still been a big shock to the system :cry:

This has left us with lots of bunny items that we would like to see put to good use at a rescue. We have unopened bags of hay and dried herb, snuggle safe tubes and connector, 2 different rabbit runs, a large cage base, a big lovely wooden house, a large Waffle House and lots of other items. I shall try and get a photo to put up but there is a rush on finding a new home for all these bits as we are moving house ourselves next week.

Unfortunately we don't drive so the items would need to be collected, and we only have until Monday to get rid of it all. I'm really hoping a rescue out there is able to collect, the thought of bringing everything to a skip makes me really sad when I know they can be put to good use somewhere.

Please get in touch if you are able to collect either as a rescue or on behalf of a rescue or foster home. We are in Sutton Coldfield, birmingham.

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to all your lovely bunnies :cry:. Giving all your bunny kit to a rescue is a lovely idea and I hope someone close by can arrange to collect on behalf of a worthy cause.

I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye to all your lovely bunnies :cry:. Giving all your bunny kit to a rescue is a lovely idea and I hope someone close by can arrange to collect on behalf of a worthy cause.

Thankyou for your kind message. I'm really hoping someone is able to collect despite the short notice :?

That is so heartbreaking for you! I was doing the same thing just 2 weeks ago after losing my bunny, my best friend. I know how hard it is. :cry: It is some consolation though to see the pics of the toys and things being put to good use at the rescue.

I don't know of anywhere near you, you could try the RSPCA?

I've messaged fat fluffs in Solihull to make them aware of this post. They may be able to get someone to pick all these bits up, I'm sure they'd come in very useful!

When on Monday do you need them picked up by?

I've messaged fat fluffs in Solihull to make them aware of this post. They may be able to get someone to pick all these bits up, I'm sure they'd come in very useful!

When on Monday do you need them picked up by?

Thankyou very much for doing that. We will be in all day and night Monday. We are moving on Tuesday so we will no doubt be doing last minute packing all day Monday!

That is so heartbreaking for you! I was doing the same thing just 2 weeks ago after losing my bunny, my best friend. I know how hard it is. :cry: It is some consolation though to see the pics of the toys and things being put to good use at the rescue.

I don't know of anywhere near you, you could try the RSPCA?

I'm sorry you have been through a similar experience recently, it truly is heartbreaking isnt it? I would feel so much better if I knew that my bunny clans belongings were being used by bunnies that need them. I hadn't thought to try the RSPCA as I didn't think they would collect but I guess it's worth a try.

What a lovely thing to do. So sad why it has come about.

Hugs for you and I hope someone can collect the items.

Hello

I am in Gloucester could you have a Hermes collect for me? I would of Course pay for it? Cheers x

I wouldn't know how to go about packaging some of the bits. To be honest we have so much on our plates with moving so Id really rather not add to our to do list right now.

However my in laws may be able to store everything in their shed for a while so if no one else wants to collect it from us I may be able to sort out posting it to you once we are settled from the move.

Packed a massive box with all their things this evening and there is also the large cage base, 2 bunny runs, and a lovely(nibbled) wooden house which has stairs attached leading to roof. We also have a load of plastic storage boxes that were used to hold bunny food n other pet things that I thought animal rescues may find useful.

I'd still prefer that it was collected tomorrow so if anyone can please get in touch.:thumb:

Bumping this up.....I could put it on Pledge a Pound facebook if that would be ok? There are a few rescues that go on there.

Thankyou so much for doing that. Keeping my fingers crossed for a collection today x

A few people have shared it on their pages.....hope someone can use it, as you said, shame for it to go to waste. Wish I was near you cos I would pick it all up and take it to a rescue!

RSPCA Walsall said they could use it but couldn't pick up tonight :(
Could a pick up be arranged from your inlaws?

I did message fat fluffs on facebook on saturday night, but the message hasn't even been read unfortunately :(

Whereabouts are your inlaws? If they happen to be closer to Worcestershire I may be able to pick some stuff up and drop it off to somewhere nearby (most likely fat fluffs, it's the closest to me afaik). I dunno if I'd be able to fit all the runs etc in my car though, what type/size are they and do they need dismantling?

Just a quick update to say that the inlaws are definately going to store the bunny stuff for us, which is great as obviously it gives us longer to sort out a collection :thumb: we will also be staying with the inlaws while waiting for the new place to be ready and available so il be able to arrange the collection with someone myself still. It will now need to be collected from Erdington.

I'll hopefully be able to get on here tomorrow once we are settled so anyone interested in collection please let me know.

Thanks for all the help and messages so far xx

Just a quick update to say that the inlaws are definately going to store the bunny stuff for us, which is great as obviously it gives us longer to sort out a collection :thumb: we will also be staying with the inlaws while waiting for the new place to be ready and available so il be able to arrange the collection with someone myself still. It will now need to be collected from Erdington.

I'll hopefully be able to get on here tomorrow once we are settled so anyone interested in collection please let me know.

Thanks for all the help and messages so far xx

Hi ya, I did pm you yesterday not sure if you got it? Thanks x

Hiya, this might be gone now, but if not then if you could let me know and I will contact RSPCA Walsall x

Back