• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Some vibes please xx

Roly Poly

Warren Veteran
Rolo went for his annual booster and health check this morning.

The vet checked him all over, and although they're not too bad, she recommended another dental before they get any worse and he stops eating. She said it would be better to do them now while he's fit and healthy so he's booked in for Monday.

I'm terribly worried as always, I know I'm doing what's best for my baby but it doesn't make it any less worrying.

Please reassure me that I'm doing the right thing and some special RU vibes for Monday would be really appreciated.

Thanks xx

Lots of vibes for the gorgeous Rolo.

It is so much better to prevent his pain and do it while he's healthy than having to undergo a ga when he is unwell. xx

Blasted teeth.

Best of luck for Rolo on Monday . My three will be getting their teeth checked on Monday, two of them are dental buns. Such a worry our furry friends.

Did he have his vaccination today ? If so I would be inclined to postpone the Dental for a week

He did, would there be a problem with having the dental on Monday as long as he's ok over the weekend. The vet said there'd be no issue but obviously if there is, then I need to consider it.

He did, would there be a problem with having the dental on Monday as long as he's ok over the weekend. The vet said there'd be no issue but obviously if there is, then I need to consider it.

I personally would want to postpone it unless it was essential that it was done on Monday. But I am not a Vet !! Plus I am a tad neurotic :oops:

I agree with Jane - I would wait a week. Sensible advice :)

I'm not doubting you at all Jane, but can I just ask why? xx

The efficacy of the vaccine relies on a sufficient immune response from the recipient. AFAIK the most significant impact of the Nobivac Myxo-RHD Vaccine on the immune system occurs within the first 48 hours. But full immunity does not occur for 3 weeks. I would just feel more comfortable with postponing a non essential GA for about a week as a GA will have an impact on the immune system. This is just my personal opinion :)

Back