• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits changing colour

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
My three girls are really changing colour, Cinna now has a dark fawn batman style mask on her face, Katniss is changing from fawn to sandy brown now and Prim is losing her fluff :(

Have any of your young rabbits changed colour during their first year of life?

If so can I see pictures please?

I can tell with two of mine as they are white :oops:

But casserole who is grey ish brown ish silver ish depending on the light :roll: started as plain grey as a baby his winter coat was more grey then brown Nd now his summer coat is coming in he has his dads brown pattern but underneath his grey tones

Baby face
9fe6728d8fa692e6bea9cdd83fc2b5a7_zps84f2b580.jpg

Now you can see his lighter grey coming off on his bum a bit he is now smooth and sleek again:D
73bd8f23c7cb2653f6ba2522a1306822_zps0ac7f55a.jpg

Dad ( just cos he is gorgeous ) mom is a REW
d94d48b7f3ff0a514c653c0bca9468f1_zpsdfbdf5e3.jpg

My three girls are really changing colour, Cinna now has a dark fawn batman style mask on her face, Katniss is changing from fawn to sandy brown now and Prim is losing her fluff :(

Have any of your young rabbits changed colour during their first year of life?

If so can I see pictures please?

Don't have any pictures for comparison but you can see the colour change in my signature. Luna changes from dark grey to brown in patches. It's cute :love: At one point she had loads of brown on her but now she's mostly grey again with just a few brown patches. Not sure why, happens when she's molting.

my mabel is a dark sable and every summer she moults away her black winter coat and goes a chocolaty colour :love:

Back