• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnyproofing the garden!

DanAboutTown

Young Bun
Hi everybody!

We've had our new bunnies, Biscuit & Noodle, for about three weeks now. They are outdoor rabbits, and they have a big run with lots of toys to keep them occupied, but would to give them the run of the garden sometimes. For the most part the garden is enclosed, and I built a fence to keep our old bunny, Daisy (who sadly is no longer with us), out of the flower beds and away from the plants that she enjoyed devouring, and can easily use that again. Unfortunately there is a rather large gap between my shed and the ground, which the new bunnies can easily squeeze through. It wasn't such a problem with Daisy as she was much bigger, but Biscuit & Noodle are only babies; Noodle especially has a "curious" personality, and I'm sure she will explore every inch of the garden, given the opportunity!

Could anyone give any advice about an easy way to fill in all the little nooks and crannies in the garden, before letting them loose?!

I'm no diy expert, but I would probably think you could buy some lengths of 4" timber and just nail or screw it together in a square that fits snugly around the base covering the gap. I know B&Q will cut the lengths to the required size free of charge if you buy the wood there so all you would have to do is measure it and fix it together.
I'm sure there may be a more glamourous way to do it but as I said I'm no diy'er! :oops:

Thanks for your help, I think I could probably fix something together that slots in to the gap, and will stop them wreaking too much havoc! :)

Back