• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UPDATED: Rabbits now rescued and rehomed

catxx

Mama Doe
In rubbish plastic 3 tier cage and it sounds as though the female is pregnant.

They are in Harlow. Rabbit Residence is FULL, no room at the Inn. Would happily bung them straight into my vets for spaying/neutering.

But they need a place after that. Happy to meet half way anywhere within 2 hours of me (St Albans - loads of motorway access).

Last edited:
Collecting them tonight, got them booked in at my vets next Tuesday. Will get her spayed then.

This is them at the mo in their current home :(

10390082_10152477264833698_3379058350624523763_n.jpg

Give Katie Stiles a ring at Blue Cross Burford and see if they can make room for them. If you explain their circumstances and how Caroline has 100+ rabbits, I hope they will help. As Im in Oxford, I can transport to Burford and could meet you if Burford can take.

Give Katie Stiles a ring at Blue Cross Burford and see if they can make room for them. If you explain their circumstances and how Caroline has 100+ rabbits, I hope they will help. As Im in Oxford, I can transport to Burford and could meet you if Burford can take.

Do you have her direct line to hand or is it the general number? I know where the Burford BC is as I drive past the signs for it on the way to my mum's in the Cotswolds.

Poop, from the Blue Cross Burford website:
"Telephone answering hours are 10.30am until 4.00pm every day but Thursday."

Last edited:
Do you have her direct line to hand or is it the general number? I know where the Burford BC is as I drive past the signs for it on the way to my mum's in the Cotswolds.

Poop, from the Blue Cross Burford website:
"Telephone answering hours are 10.30am until 4.00pm every day but Thursday."

I no longer have any direct details for her. She helped us with the Lymington bunnies. Its her you do need to speak directly with, if she is still in this department.

Burford does have an email on link and you could email for Katie Stiles attention or manager of rabbit section. I would mention the horrific Lymington bunnies they helped with 5 years ago and could they help with this very small case.

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/1714-2053/burford-rehoming-centre.html

Im trying to remember another rescue that I drove to at midnight and they stayed up for me. They were wonderful and took 12. Come back to me if Burford cant help.

I no longer have any direct details for her. She helped us with the Lymington bunnies. Its her you do need to speak directly with, if she is still in this department.

Burford does have an email on link and you could email for Katie Stiles attention or manager of rabbit section. I would mention the horrific Lymington bunnies they helped with 5 years ago and could they help with this very small case.

http://www.bluecross.org.uk/1714-2053/burford-rehoming-centre.html

Im trying to remember another rescue that I drove to at midnight and they stayed up for me. They were wonderful and took 12. Come back to me if Burford cant help.

Thanks! I will fling them an email from my Rabbit Residence account.

Have you spoken to Emma at Emma's Rabbit Rescue? (My three girls were from there) I know she's rehomed a few over the last couple of weeks so she may have space. I can help with transport or fostering if needed.

Have you spoken to Emma at Emma's Rabbit Rescue? (My three girls were from there) I know she's rehomed a few over the last couple of weeks so she may have space. I can help with transport or fostering if needed.

Do you have details for her?

oo I've had a reply from Blue Cross Burford and they are able to take them WOO! Will give them a call tomorrow and arrange. I have no idea what health problems these two may or may not have other than the pregnancy so a "big budget" rescue may be best for these guys.

Thank you all! Will let you know how I get on collecting them and getting them over to Blue Cross.

Well done. Are you taking the cage to be destroyed?
I wonder if a rescue might like it for sick cages/quarantine?

Well done. Are you taking the cage to be destroyed?
I wonder if a rescue might like it for sick cages/quarantine?

Will take it and mash it. The single cage version that's at least 4ft might be ok for rescue quarantine, but these don't look that big and are probably stained with pee. I'll use the bases for litter trays for the next few days but will skip the rest.

Setting up two small dog pens in the middle of my diddy living room for these two. Will post pics when I have them home safe.

Back