• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Been waiting over a week for a hutch delivery that was meant to be a 48 hour delivery

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Ordered it last Monday, should have been here by last Wednesday. Emailed to query on Thursday, was promised it would be here by Tuesday this week - I checked they had allowed for the Bank Holiday on Monday, they said they had....got a phone call Friday to say it couldn't be here before Wednesday (today) cos if the Bank Holiday.......I may possibly have lost my temper on the phone at that point......

So here we are, Wednesday....no sign of the hutch. No dispatch email, no tracking number, no response from the company (who are still offering the same product as available for 48 hour delivery) ........ :cry:

Oh thats so annoying! Especially when one person says one thing and someone else says something different! I would make one more (firm but polite) phone call to say that you will expaxt it within the next 24 hours or you will be making a complain with the Advertising Standards Agancy. Should make them jump! Goos luck! X

Oh thats so annoying! Especially when one person says one thing and someone else says something different! I would make one more (firm but polite) phone call to say that you will expaxt it within the next 24 hours or you will be making a complain with the Advertising Standards Agancy. Should make them jump! Goos luck! X

I emailed them not long ago to say if I got no response I would take legal action - am getting a bit stroppy with them now :lol:

It's so annoying, though, as I've had a run built to match the hutch dimensions, and nowhere else does a hutch in quite the same dimensions. Had paint specially mixed for it, bought the carpet.... :(

Hate it when things like that happen, if you paid by Paypal you can open a case.

Not sure who the company is but have you tried looking for the top persons email contact?

Hate it when things like that happen, if you paid by Paypal you can open a case.

Not sure who the company is but have you tried looking for the top persons email contact?

I paid with a credit card.

I spoke to the top person last week - he was as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

I feel your pain :(

I ordered something a while back and it was shipping from abroad so I naturally opted for special 3/4 day delivery guarantee, which was a whopping $100!!! (I'm in Aus ATM)

It didn't turn up for WEEKS and I got so so angry. I paid almost double the shipping to have it there on time and the guy gets back to me like "let me check it's in the warehouse we are getting new stock in". Do NOT advertise in stock if it isn't please?!

I hope your hutch turns up soon! I don't know why but I always find getting the hutches to be one of the most exciting parts :lol:

I feel your pain :(

I ordered something a while back and it was shipping from abroad so I naturally opted for special 3/4 day delivery guarantee, which was a whopping $100!!! (I'm in Aus ATM)

It didn't turn up for WEEKS and I got so so angry. I paid almost double the shipping to have it there on time and the guy gets back to me like "let me check it's in the warehouse we are getting new stock in". Do NOT advertise in stock if it isn't please?!

I hope your hutch turns up soon! I don't know why but I always find getting the hutches to be one of the most exciting parts :lol:

It's so annoying isn't it?

And yes, it should be exciting.......but now all I will think of when the hutch arrives, is all the hassle it's been :(

Finally had a message from them this morning:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear that you have not
received your purchase.

We are currently in the process of contacting customers. We have been
let down by the warehouse again for not dispatching your item. As you
may be aware, we had a fire recently in our own warehouse and due to
that, we are using a third party warehouse to stock our stock and to
dispatch our items to you. We are not very happy with using the third
party warehouse as we was told delivery was for yesterday and secondly
not dispatching your purchase on time. We know this is not acceptable
and I understand this is frustrating as it is for us and we appreciate
your patience, however, we have had communication from the warehouse
through out the night to resolve this as soon as possible and we have
been guaranteed by the warehouse that delivery will be
for Monday 2nd June, however, we are currently pushing the delivery to
made sooner (Friday or Saturday. You will receive an email from the
courier company once it has been dispatch from our warehouse.

Please forgive us and we appreciate your patience.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Many Thanks,
Richard
The Rabbit Hutch Company

They told me last week that they send their items via Parcelforce, and Parcelforce don't send emails to say an item has been dispatched to the customers, so that last bit is a lie.

I've messaged back saying that I've taken screenshots of their website which is still showing the item in stock and as available for 48 hour delivery, and if I don't get an email from them with the tracking number from Parcelforce by 4pm today showing it as being on 24 hour delivery I will be reporting them for false advertising. I've also said I won't accept any information on the telephone - it has to be done via email as I want written evidence of what they are promising regarding delivery.

Not a happy bunny :evil:

It's so annoying isn't it?

And yes, it should be exciting.......but now all I will think of when the hutch arrives, is all the hassle it's been :(

Finally had a message from them this morning:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email and I am sorry to hear that you have not
received your purchase.

We are currently in the process of contacting customers. We have been
let down by the warehouse again for not dispatching your item. As you
may be aware, we had a fire recently in our own warehouse and due to
that, we are using a third party warehouse to stock our stock and to
dispatch our items to you. We are not very happy with using the third
party warehouse as we was told delivery was for yesterday and secondly
not dispatching your purchase on time. We know this is not acceptable
and I understand this is frustrating as it is for us and we appreciate
your patience, however, we have had communication from the warehouse
through out the night to resolve this as soon as possible and we have
been guaranteed by the warehouse that delivery will be
for Monday 2nd June, however, we are currently pushing the delivery to
made sooner (Friday or Saturday. You will receive an email from the
courier company once it has been dispatch from our warehouse.

Please forgive us and we appreciate your patience.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Many Thanks,
Richard
The Rabbit Hutch Company

They told me last week that they send their items via Parcelforce, and Parcelforce don't send emails to say an item has been dispatched to the customers, so that last bit is a lie.

I've messaged back saying that I've taken screenshots of their website which is still showing the item in stock and as available for 48 hour delivery, and if I don't get an email from them with the tracking number from Parcelforce by 4pm today showing it as being on 24 hour delivery I will be reporting them for false advertisingI've also said I won't accept any information on the telephone - it has to be done via email as I want written evidence of what they are promising regarding delivery.

Not a happy bunny :evil:

I think this bit is a bit harsh personally. I understand you aren't happy I wouldn't be either. But the email he sent was very apologetic, and they have had a devestating fire in their own warehouse, teething problems are to be expected with this new warehouse. Although it would probably be better to maybe mention these issues on their website when people are purchasing. I just wouldn't report someone for this if it was me and given the problems they are having due to the fire etc. at least they are still trying to get orders out to customers instead of simply shutting down their website.

I think this bit is a bit harsh personally. I understand you aren't happy I wouldn't be either. But the email he sent was very apologetic, and they have had a devestating fire in their own warehouse, teething problems are to be expected with this new warehouse. Although it would probably be better to maybe mention these issues on their website when people are purchasing. I just wouldn't report someone for this if it was me and given the problems they are having due to the fire etc. at least they are still trying to get orders out to customers instead of simply shutting down their website.

Sorry, but I agree with this.

I completely understand that you will have been annoyed at not receiving your hutch originally in the 48 hours, or the week that followed - I would be too! I do think that the last bit was harsh, though.

If they've had a fire in their warehouse, then that could well have wiped most of their stock, if not all, in a few hours. For a business, I can imagine nothing more devastating! It will undoubtedly take time for them to get back on their feet, and they may well have a backlog of customers who, like you, have been waiting for their hutches and delayed due to the fire, and subsequent move to another warehouse. It also sounds like the situation with the third warehouse is beyond their control now, as they've moved their business there and can hardly move it back again if they're a wee bit unhappy.

He did sound very apologetic, he's probably really stressed as it is and I know their customer service hasn't been brilliant (that is annoying, don't get me wrong, and maybe you could mention something about that in the nicest way possible!) but he does sound like he's being as helpful as possible now. He's admitted himself that it's not acceptable, and he's said he understands how frustrating it would have been, but he's also given you an expected date for delivery, along with his sincere apologies!

It's all very well saying you'll report him for false advertising, which would be correct in most circumstances, but he was hardly doing it on purpose, was he? The fire wasn't his fault :s

Sorry, but I agree with this.

I completely understand that you will have been annoyed at not receiving your hutch originally in the 48 hours, or the week that followed - I would be too! I do think that the last bit was harsh, though.

If they've had a fire in their warehouse, then that could well have wiped most of their stock, if not all, in a few hours. For a business, I can imagine nothing more devastating! It will undoubtedly take time for them to get back on their feet, and they may well have a backlog of customers who, like you, have been waiting for their hutches and delayed due to the fire, and subsequent move to another warehouse. It also sounds like the situation with the third warehouse is beyond their control now, as they've moved their business there and can hardly move it back again if they're a wee bit unhappy.

He did sound very apologetic, he's probably really stressed as it is and I know their customer service hasn't been brilliant (that is annoying, don't get me wrong, and maybe you could mention something about that in the nicest way possible!) but he does sound like he's being as helpful as possible now. He's admitted himself that it's not acceptable, and he's said he understands how frustrating it would have been, but he's also given you an expected date for delivery, along with his sincere apologies!

It's all very well saying you'll report him for false advertising, which would be correct in most circumstances, but he was hardly doing it on purpose, was he? The fire wasn't his fault :s

Good post :)

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Wasn't that fire ages ago though, or am I thinking of a different hutch company fire? I'm sure I read something on here about it, but it was a very long time ago.

I'd be annoyed too. Hope it turns up when they say it will xx

This. They're obviously trying to sort it for you

Wasn't that fire ages ago though, or am I thinking of a different hutch company fire? I'm sure I read something on here about it, but it was a very long time ago.

I'd be annoyed too. Hope it turns up when they say it will xx

To be honest, the communications are awful - the only time they respond is when you get angry at them, and there are a lot of discrepancies in what I am being told each time - hence me saying I will only communicate via email as I want a record of what they are saying now. Personally, if I had a business that had problems with a fire I would put something on my website explaining that there might be a delay. I suggested early on that a quick note on the website would make things clearer, and he said he would do it, and never did.

I personally think they just haven't got the stock in that they say they have and they are playing for time.

I used the company as they had good product reviews on their website, but I'm rather starting to doubt how genuine those reviews are now.

I don't really care if anyone thinks I'm being harsh - the website is advertising the stock as in stock and available for 48 hour delivery, and they are lying. Simples!

To be honest, the communications are awful - the only time they respond is when you get angry at them, and there are a lot of discrepancies in what I am being told each time - hence me saying I will only communicate via email as I want a record of what they are saying now. Personally, if I had a business that had problems with a fire I would put something on my website explaining that there might be a delay. I suggested early on that a quick note on the website would make things clearer, and he said he would do it, and never did.

I personally think they just haven't got the stock in that they say they have and they are playing for time.

I used the company as they had good product reviews on their website, but I'm rather starting to doubt how genuine those reviews are now.

I don't really care if anyone thinks I'm being harsh - the website is advertising the stock as in stock and available for 48 hour delivery, and they are lying. Simples!

I actually disagree with some others. I dont think your being harsh. It is difficult circumstances for the business but they should immediately change the website to reflect that and not sell something under the pretense of delivering within 48hrs when its actually going to be weeks. The fact that they havent is false advertisment and should be dealt with.

Also even though it is just under the £100, id still contact the card company and see if they can help.

I think you're quite right to be annoyed. I understand it must make things really difficult for the company to have had a fire, but if they at least put a notice on their website explaining that orders would unfortunately take longer than originally advertised, then they would have customers who would know where they stand, which would make them feel more sympathy towards the company. The way they've done it makes it sound as though they're afraid customers will go elsewhere and unfortunately that is what might well happen because they've let the customers down. I hope you're hutch turns up really soon - our new one has just arrived and I'm so excited, can't wait to put it together and see Snowy settle in!

The good news is that you now know the latest date it will be delivered, but I agree with you, they should be reported if the email youre after doesnt materialise in 24 hours. Just tell them you are doing BEFORE you report them. Good luck! X

they should of changed it on website to say delays where possible due to a fire, ad other warehouse problems, to have no contact about this via email or telephone, i'd be upset as well, and worried about it gone to wrong address, hope you get your hutch soon :cry:

Me too

Sorry to say this, but I ordered their "coach house 6ft hutch" back in early April - I still have not got it - I got EXACTLEY the same email as you, they do not answer the phone and they will not refund me. I was promised my 48 hour delivery hutch this Wednesday, (about 48 DAYS late) and guess what never arrived.

Got same email ref being let down, blah. Blah, do not respond to my emails, or ring me when I ask. If I ring them, their phones don't work. I have asked for a refund, ignore that too , I am fuming too, good luck, I share every bit of your frustration.

Back