• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are French Lops lazy?

Katex

Warren Scout
Because these two are taking the biscuit! They have a very short amount of active time before settling down for a pet and stroke and another snooze! They're very laid back, and when they lie down you can move their feet/head/push then around and they still don't bother. They really are very lazy and laid back.

I'm bringing them into the house every day to be sociable and they are fab, they don't like the wood floor so confine themselves to the rug. If someone comes past they run alongside then flop out again. They love my daughter to lie beside them and lick her and snuggle in. They are always flopped or stretched - Daisy did such a violent flop beside me this morning I thought she'd tranced herself - she went right onto her back and was completely relaxed (eyes rolling - was a bit scary tbh. She got up 5 mins later)

Couple of floppy pics :)

ype8e5eb.jpg
emy7ebuj.jpg

We are all smitten :)

They are gorgeous!

Remember that a buns alarm clock is set by the sun so they may have been awake for quite a long time before you got up. Sugar woke me up at 4:45am today but is still asleep now (5:30pm) and has done little else but snooze since 10am. Being crepuscular at our latitude means they have a pretty wide variation of sleep/wake times according to our widely varying sunrise/sunset times.

They woke up a bit at around 8, and played for a while before it was time for them to go back to their own house which they weren't terribly happy about. In fact I wish I'd known how well behaved and lazy they were, as I'd have sorted out an indoor pen. Have spent far too much on outdoor housing now though, DH would have a conniption if I suggested that they come inside permanently after spending all that money!

I quite like the idea of lazy buns, I like the analogy of if they had to get a job, they wouldn't last long! It's lovely to see them just snoozing happily while people walk around them! They're very patient with everyone who wants to per and stroke them, although they were snoozy and sleepy, they were constantly interrupted by various people coming and going and doors slamming etc, and they never once got tired or snappy or ratty with people who disturbed them.

Back