• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bunny room (Day whatever I've lost count) UPDATE

Sarah1991

Warren Veteran
Well, it's day 1 of the work on the bunny room, the builders have been ripping out everything today to reveal the brick walls behind, they are putting a downstairs toilet and sink into the little room where the boiler is tanking and boarding out the whole thing. Then plastering and doing extra stuff like putting in a radiator and skirting boards.

It's going to cost us a whopping £2340 in all, but I think it will be worth it.

Here's what one end looks like, the window at the end is where the bunny enclosure will be, I'm getting a gate built to go across from where the window on the right is right across to the wall opposite, so they will have a large space at the end.

This is how it looks from the other end, that is the side door to the front at the end and to the right is the little room where the boiler is, this is where the new toilet and sink is going.

This is how it looks after today, eek! Walls and floor are ripped up. I can't wait for it to be all done, the boys will have their own enclosure space and then free range in there when we are home. The washer and dryer are getting boxed in so it's safe for them to wander in there.

Most excited :D can't say Milo and Finn are ecstatic at the minute though, they are in temporary housing in my spare room, Milo is just giving me looks like "let me out of this prison hooman" and Finn is just like "Hey, who said yoo could stop the grooming Milo?"

I feel awful having to restrict their space for a bit, but it should only be for at maximum two to three weeks, then they will have their new room!

"Let me out of here hooman, or face the consequences!"

"Just ignores him, Does you have aneh carrot tops!?"

:thumb::love:

Last edited:
Aww bless them! I'm sure they'll forget all about it when they're binkying around in their new space :love:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The bunny room (Day 2)

Well here's what's been done today on day 2, the walls have been tanked which means there's no risk of any damp anymore and once this is dry the boarding can start. The builder (Mick) is a family friend too and he's doing an excellent job, he knows that the bunnies are going in there eventually and it's all he's talked about, he keeps on saying things like "I'll do this and that for the bunnies" today he was discussing with me wether plastic or wooden skirting board would be better if they were to chew it, he's a really nice guy :D

Me and the OH were discussing wether to have just one gate across the room or make an aviary panel style box so that they physically can't chew the skirting boards or walls. I guess that's a little ways off yet though. Couple of weeks, the OH is going to preempt when the utility is almost done and get wood from work to make the frame for the panels. :D

The bunny room (Day 3)

Frame for the false ceiling went in today.

They are lowering it down to hide all of the pipework above it. More progress :D
Last proper day of holiday tomorrow, working on getting my staircase sanded as we've just had the spindles put in it today.

Just a little update on this, the bunny room is probably a week from being done, the plastering and then paint is going on the walls and then all thats left is to get the new lino floor down!

OH is building my enclosure on Saturday so im really excited for that now. Whole thing took longer than we thought as we discovered damp in the corners and it needed to be resolved first! Thankfully we think we've solved it now and there is some work on the garden just outside of the utility needed to ensure it doenst come back! But this is for another time!

I just want to get my boys out of the temporary housing! They must be well fed up by now! I promise it won't be long now boys :(

Hopefully all goes to plan and I can upload some photos in a week or so. I've already ordered vetbed for the floor, a new big house for them and some other bits and bobs like a hay rack and tunnels!

Eek! Exciting! :lol:

Back