• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Testing for the bunnies!

ridley

Warren Scout
So the bunnies are coming a week tomorrow (YAY!!! :D:D )

Although they will be in the Lean-to during the day - or out in the garden - i plan to bring them into the conservatory each evening to sit and have a cuddle/bonding time with me, as 5 nights out of 7, hubby goes to bed at the same time as the kids as he starts work around 2am (poor thing!)

So how does this look for a set up?
(ignore the other bits of pannels etc! - and the gates are going IN FRONT of the telly so they cant get to the wires!)

20140527_185844_zps1b328c98.jpg

With the rest of the pannels i managed to get a garden pen that measures 9.7ft x 5.9ft...but as this has no cover they will be constantly supervised when in it!

20140527_192230_zps497580c4.jpg

All look ok??!

Hello!
The only thing that springs to mind is that you might want to get some old rugs for your conservatory. Rabbits don't find it very easy to walk on wooden floors as they have fluffy feet. Also if they get a scare then they can't get their grip and end up runnin on the spot :-/

Ooh and for your outdoor pen, I got some netting from the garden section in B&Q just for a bit Of extra security. It won't protect them from cats/foxes etc but it does mean you can nip inside to get a cup of tea and they can't jump out :)

Hello!
The only thing that springs to mind is that you might want to get some old rugs for your conservatory. Rabbits don't find it very easy to walk on wooden floors as they have fluffy feet. Also if they get a scare then they can't get their grip and end up runnin on the spot :-/

Ooh and for your outdoor pen, I got some netting from the garden section in B&Q just for a bit Of extra security. It won't protect them from cats/foxes etc but it does mean you can nip inside to get a cup of tea and they can't jump out :)

Ok that's great! Thank you for the tips! X

Until we bonded our Harry with George, I used a puppy pen so she could get run time, so my suggestions would be, if you haven't already done so, to get some tent pegs from a camping store and peg the run down in the garden.

I would also recommend to tie electrical cable wraps around the connecting rods/panels to give it more stability, as if the pen is similar to mine the connecting rod is secured at the bottom by a nut. A nut which always seemed to disappear. :lol: :lol:

Also in the run you could do with some sort of shelter for the bunnies, so they can get out the wind/sun/rain, if you are caught out.

Until we bonded our Harry with George, I used a puppy pen so she could get run time, so my suggestions would be, if you haven't already done so, to get some tent pegs from a camping store and peg the run down in the garden.

I would also recommend to tie electrical cable wraps around the connecting rods/panels to give it more stability, as if the pen is similar to mine the connecting rod is secured at the bottom by a nut. A nut which always seemed to disappear. :lol: :lol:

Also in the run you could do with some sort of shelter for the bunnies, so they can get out the wind/sun/rain, if you are caught out.

Great tips thanks! Although the post connecting the pannels can be put into the ground, which I have done, and I will sort out some kind of shelter for them! X

Great tips thanks! Although the post connecting the pannels can be put into the ground, which I have done, and I will sort out some kind of shelter for them! X

Oh good. That's better if the posts can be pushed into the ground. You probably wouldn't need any tent pegs. :thumb:

if they are going to be in there for a long time you want to think about putting chicken wire across the base of the run, I did this when my buns and guinea where in the hutch and it stopped them from digging under and escaping, also some sort of shelter, or tunnel and make sure they have food and water in there outdoor run, the indoor run looks great apart from the floors, as they can get slippy, the chair legs might get chewed and you might wanna be careful about the height of the wire walls, my buns (well one of them) can jump over a 4ft wall! so if you leave the room for a sec you might find your little hoppies on the other side of the wall from which you left them!

Back