• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Emily is very ill/ She's gone

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
As you know we recently had a myxi scare so we vaccinated all our rabbits including our most disabled two. Both have since been very ill but it looks like Stevie may be turning a corner now.

However Emily is in a really bad way. Within a few hours yesterday teatime her head tilt returned worse than ever. She has deteriotated more over night and is now unable to walk and eat despite trying hard to do both. Steve is at the vet with her now but there are no appointments so its a case of just waiting for a gap.

I really dont know if she will come home again. She really is in a bad way :( I shall never forgive myself for this. I am totally responsible. She is just a baby and has fought so hard already its just not fair this is happening to her :(

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It isn't your fault. You were trying to protect her from getting deadly diseases, you weren't to know this would happen :cry: sending mega vibes and hugs xxx

So sorry to hear about Emily but you thought you were doing the rgiht thing and sometimes these things do go wrong. xx

I'm so sorry, please don't blame yourself - you only ever have the best interests of your bunnies at heart.

Lots of vibes for dear little Emily and (((hugs))) for you xxx

Oh no, devastating news, I'm so so sorry :cry:

Sweet dreams precious little girl xx

She knows you did your best for her.

Oh Liz, I've just come in and seen this. I'm so very sorry. :cry:
You always do what you think is best for your bunnies. Please don't be hard on yourself. (((((((Huge hugs))))))
Binky free Baby Emily xxxxxxx

I am so sorry. You gave her the best life ever so please do not blame yourself. Binky free Baby Emily. xx

She was just a baby. Not even 6 months old. :(

You are a wonderful bunny mummy and did what you thought was for the best, no one could have guessed at what was to happen. Little Emily was very loved by youxxxx

I am so very very sorry. :cry: It just doesn't seem fair does it? But don't blame yourself in anyway - at all times you have done your best for Emily and without your love it her life would have been so much worse. Mega hugs to you Liz .

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know why you are blaming yourself -don't think I saw previous threads - but we don't have crystal balls and we can only ever do what we believe to be right at the time we do it. You would never have done anything deliberately to hurt Emily so please just grieve for her and be kind to you.

Take care x x

I am so sorry please don't blame yourself. We all try so hard to do the right thing and she will have known how much you loved her xxx

I took this picture through the bars of her cage just last week. After weeks of fighting she had gone from a near upside down tilt to close to normal.
I cant believe it was all for nothing. Its just not fair :(

umybutet.jpg

Back