• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to introduce new rabbits...

Lozzibear

Warren Scout
I have never had multiple rabbits (which is a sad thought since I have had three :( not going to be doing that again though) and don't have any rabbits yet. I am getting rabbits soon though and have been wondering about when to introduce a new rabbit to an existing rabbit. This is all hypothetical just now (since I have no rabbits lol), but if I get a young rabbit then is it best to wait until they are older to introduce a new rabbit or is it best to introduce them when still young? Also, how long should they have to settle before introducing a new rabbit? Probably silly questions to most people but I have no idea what's best since I have never done it before :oops:

You would be better to get both rabbits together, a male and female.

They will both need to be neutered (a) for health reasons, and (b) for you be able to bond them.

I would advise looking at Rescues as they often have neutered bonded pairs or would bond two single rabbits for you.

Sorry such a brief response - it's very late.:lol:

You would be better to get both rabbits together, a male and female.

They will both need to be neutered (a) for health reasons, and (b) for you be able to bond them.

I would advise looking at Rescues as they often have neutered bonded pairs or would bond two single rabbits for you.

Sorry such a brief response - it's very late.:lol:
Agreed. If I'd have known how much stress bonding would bring I'd have got a bonded pair to begin with! :lol: Mylo is now on her third partner in two years, fingers crossed this one is going well!

I am meant to be getting rabbits from a rescue but one of them has had a health issue which has delayed the rehoming. The communication has been lacking though and I feel as though I am constantly pestering them but I want to know that she is okay and what the situation is in terms of when they can come home. I am a total pessimist and the last week has really made me start to doubt if this will go ahead. I really would like to give these wee girls a home and will be seriously disappointed if it doesn't go ahead... but if it doesn't, then I don't plan on going down the rescue route, at least not right away. Sorry, but I wouldn't want to go through this process again.

I dont know where you live but I can personally vouch for Barnsley Animal Rescue Charity, (Yorkshire), Cottontails, (Wiltshire) and Furry Animal Friends, Surrey. Other rescues on here all seem really good as well and many on here have experienced getting animals from them.

I do hope that your rabbits come to you and that it all works out well x

Back