• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding.....Just wondering.....

vicky_26

Warren Scout
Hopefully Hugo will be neutered shortly (he's 16 weeks now) so it won't be many more weeks/months before I can hopefully bond him with Parker. Whilst they haven't yet been together they are in adjoining rooms separated by a cage panel so do see each other, and have a sniff etc through the bars!

When Poppy (my bridge bun) and Parker were together, Poppy would always groom Parker, never the other way around (I don't think I ever saw Parker lick Poppy at all!). However, Poppy went through phases of 'humping' Parker...never the other way round. I therefore always assumed Poppy was the dominant one but wouldn't the dominant one be the one demanding to be groomed?

Sometimes when Parker and Hugo 'meet' at the cage divider it looks like Parker is lowering her head to be groomed (which I haven't seen Hugo comply with!).

It sounds like both buns are displaying dominant behaviour, which is absolutely fine. When you put them together they'll sort out a dynamic that works for them.

Looking forward to hearing how it goes :wave:

Back