• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit bonding in derby/notts/leci?? Dont know what to do for best!!!!

miss c

Young Bun
Hi this is sort of the same as the last post i made on here... sort of asking for bonding in derby sorry but im stuck what to do.

I had lost 1 of my buns last time i posted and wanted to bond my now single girl with my pair of boys but i have had totally :censored: start to the year and i lost my beautiful french lop last week im totally heart broken it didnt hurt this much when i had to have my other girl pts. :cry:

Anyway now i have 2single girls and a pair of brothers living together, im really worried about the girl thats just lost her partner they were so close but thankfully it hasnt affected her eating :roll: but she looks really loanly and is really skittish with me cause i took her partner away.

Im not totally against getting another rabbit BUT not 2 (one for each single girl?) but i was thinking would it be possible to split the boys who do scrap on occasions but are quite close and bond 1 to each of the girls? Would it be fair splitting them? And if it didnt work would i be stuck with 4 singletons?
I Just dont know what to do, my heads all over the place with them at the mo! And i dont really have the time or confidence to bond them myself my boys toddling and i cant take my eyes off him for a minute to watch the rabbits constantly in-case they fight! Hes a clumsy nightmare with no sense of danger!!

I really need someone to bond them for me, someone on the last post suggested asking rescues if they did bonding so over the weekend ive found and emailed 3, 1 has said no and im waiting for 2 reply. ive asked kirkby pet welfare, beechtree bunnies and honey bunnies. if any1 knows someone or rescues i could try pls give me the name/ email address and that would be great!

Just want to get them sorted asap, so i can get back to enjoying them its just constant worry at the moment!

I would just keep things as they are for now. The newly bereaved bunny needs time to settle I think, just monitor them all and try to decide if one of the boys would suit one of your girls. As long as they are being cared for then that is the main issue then as things settle down you can plan what to do.

Thanks how long should leave her its been a week and a half? Shes eating/ drinking fine she trashed the shed about a week ago but hasnt repeated the incident and Seems fairly settled, just a little quiet.

Im thinking im going to spit the boys i saw them have a another scrap today it wasnt major just more chasing but def not playing! It started cuase i dragged hutch out slighly to make a toy move that had rolled down back! I was hoping it was a bit of spring fever but it doesnt seem to be the case.

2 of the rescues have replied and said no so going to have to try bond them myself will do next week in the evenings when babys in bed if its been long enough for her?, i bonded 2 before myself but it was a easy bond not sure how this is going to go!
Should i split the boys before/ how long before starting the new bond should i split the boys??

Back