• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to buy perspex?

ferretfreak4

Warren Scout
I'm looking for a perspex sheet to use as shelter over my hutch but can't seem to find a sheet large enough :/ needs to be around 7ft x 4ft can anyone point me in the right direction?

You may find it cheaper in places that sell upvc e.g. eurocell or online if you are not in a rush for it. It is quite expensive in B&Q. Don't know if toolstation or Screwfix sell it as they are normally cheaper than B&Q too.

Wickes will price match (even if not same brand but still has to be like for like) so if you find it elsewhere just go in and ask them.

I find ebay best for that sort of thing, you can often specify exactly what size you want :D

I find ebay best for that sort of thing, you can often specify exactly what size you want :D

This would be my suggestion too.

Have you considered twin wall polycarbonate sheet instead? It would be much cheaper than perspex and a lot ligher weight too, possibly also more durable.

Search Google for cut to size Perspex and you will find companies that can do larger sheets.

I got mine from wickes to do the front of my hutches in the winter. It was reasonable price too think it cost me about £35 to do the front of 3 2storey hutches :)

The stuff sold for greenhouses is good - UV protected and you can get really thin/lightweight.

Back