• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just a few questions...

When skye is spayed will I still be able to let her free range round the garden

Will I have to change her litter tray as it's a 32 litre storage box

She will need to have limited exercise for up to a week to allow her to heal. It may also be a good idea to get something low sided to use as a litter tray as she should be discouraged from jumping. Litter in the tray could also stick to the wound and irritate her

I have a smaller litter tray and there litter is only shredded paper but my other bunny needs a lot of excercise I do have a spare 6ft x 2ft x 2ft run would she be able to go in that

I have a smaller litter tray and there litter is only shredded paper but my other bunny needs a lot of excercise I do have a spare 6ft x 2ft x 2ft run would she be able to go in that

i think that would be ok yea, you'd just have to keep an eye on her and see how active she is being as a lot of running around could impair her ability to heal. your vet may have better advice as it's been a long time since i had a female spayed so not sure how strict you need to be! good luck for her op x

i think that would be ok yea, you'd just have to keep an eye on her and see how active she is being as a lot of running around could impair her ability to heal. your vet may have better advice as it's been a long time since i had a female spayed so not sure how strict you need to be! good luck for her op x

She is going in on Thursday with Pepsi and I am picking re up on friday

The main thing I try and restrict when a bunny has been spayed is jumping. So if she has access to space at ground level, and a temporary litter tray which doesn't involve jumping, that's best I think.

My vet said not to put hay in the litter tray either for the first week afterwards. I just used puppy pads instead.

Jumping is the main thing to restrict as it requires her stretch and could pull at the wound

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back