• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding

lottyluly

New Kit
Hi so sorry if this is in the wrong place or been covered elsewhere (have looked!). . . . I am desperately trying to find boarding for Baxter my french lop house bun for mon, tues and wed night next week. The fabulous folks at Tucker Bunnies are understandably fully booked and not sure where else to go. I had an awful experience last summer when I received a photo 3 days into my holiday of Baxter in my mam's garden.......that's not where we left him! Mam had called into the place I took him to see if he was ok and he was sitting in a tiny hutch in the sun- couldn't even stand up:( he was supposed to be at the ladies home (very ashamed first time boarding error)...needless to say she rallied round to borrow puppy pens etc and took him home - she did also say it would be a first and a last (Baxter chewed her table leg!!), hence no option of parents help this time:(

Anyway......hubby has just found cover for his work for next week so we are trying to take the kids to Lego Land for a couple of days. So as I live in Houghton le Spring / Sunderland, I would be travelling south on the A1. Can anybody recommend any suitable boarding or suggest anything else?!! Clutching at straws now!!! Thanks in advance xxx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I can't recommend a specific place in that area, but I would try giving some local rescues a ring, as they often have small boarding accommodation? Hope you can find somewhere for them, have a nice holiday x

Thanks for your replies (& sorry for posting in the wrong place - thanks for moving it Tamsin). I was working my way through www.findpetboarding.com whilst posting on here but was up against the clock to get our break booked at the quoted price too!!! Talk about last minute! :)

I have booked Baxter in with Country Bunnies Holidays in Crook, Co . Durham - had a good chat with the lady there and she sounds lovely. Even makes the buns little veggie parcels to bring home!!! Fingers crossed............now off to pack and get two very excited kiddies to bed! X

Amanda at Hopper Holidays is fantastic.Just off A19 at Holystone in Newcastle.
Not too far away from you just through the Tyne Tunnel .Only problem north for you.

www.hopperholidays.co.uk

Yes. I agree with this. In fact Levi and Daisy have been there this weekend. I'm picking them up tomorrow morning. :) she has an 11ft double hutch (where Levi and Daisy are) as in two levels for two different lots of bunnies, it's HUGE! Another 6ft double (bunnies have access to both levels) and a shed. :)

Thanks for your replies (& sorry for posting in the wrong place - thanks for moving it Tamsin). I was working my way through www.findpetboarding.com whilst posting on here but was up against the clock to get our break booked at the quoted price too!!! Talk about last minute! :)

I have booked Baxter in with Country Bunnies Holidays in Crook, Co . Durham - had a good chat with the lady there and she sounds lovely. Even makes the buns little veggie parcels to bring home!!! Fingers crossed............now off to pack and get two very excited kiddies to bed! X

Great news.You can enjoy your break ,now you know Baxter is sorted.

Back