• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Non toxic tree stumps

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
I can't find any answers via google ! :lol:

I need to know what tree stumps are safe because I really want to carry on creating a natural environment for my bunnies but I worry so much that I will give them something toxic :(

Anybody got a list of non toxic trees safe for bunnies?:wave:

What about the "common" ones like silver birch...? I was thinking of ones that are more likely to be cut down??

Hawthorn and birch is safe, I assume this means silver birch is safe too. I have lots of sycamore logs, and when I searched I found conflicting information as to whether it was safe or not.

I think oak is safe. At least, my bunnies have never had adverse effects from my live oak stump (think it's Live anyway). Originally the stump was just for me because I thought it looked cool but then later on when I had bunnies free ranging my bedroom they'd sit on top of the stump and such.

I think oak is safe. At least, my bunnies have never had adverse effects from my live oak stump (think it's Live anyway). Originally the stump was just for me because I thought it looked cool but then later on when I had bunnies free ranging my bedroom they'd sit on top of the stump and such.

Oak foliage and acorns are dangerous, but I don't know about the bark.

Thanks everyone :wave:

I think I'll start by putting an advert on gumtree and stuff......I hope someone will reply, I only need a few logs/stumps! I just think it's the best thing for bunnies be jumping on and over:love: I've been itching to get some for ages :thumb: I can't wait to them using them :love:

Oak foliage and acorns are dangerous, but I don't know about the bark.

Yeah I have some oaks in my yard so I'm always careful my buns don't eat any leaves. I'm not sure if they've chewed the bark on the stump before. Probably not, they're not into chewing things. So I wouldn't give oak logs to any bun that's a chewer in case it is toxic.

Back