• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Annoyed about the woman who gave us Mack

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
I know this is silly. I'm glad to have Mack and he still feels like a rescue because he was through cottontails (on the wait list to come in to rescue) but I feel duped.

The woman rehoming Mack claimed she had lost her job and no longer had the time or money to keep so many giant rabbits. You could see she took really good care of all the animals she had, they lived in pairs in lovely big hutches filled with hay and had plenty of time to run about. She had some babies there but said it was an accidental litter after an entire buck jumped a fence (she was in the process of neutering all and most were done - I checked!). She seemed very genuine.

I've been in touch with her since we adopted Mack to let her know how it was going and we're now friends on facebook. Over the last few weeks I have seen numerous photos of different litters of rabbits. They can't all be accidents. We didn't pay her for Mack, and as far as breeders and animal welfare go I think she's brilliant (I'm not anti-breeder, just pro-rescue), but I feel really upset that she lied to us about why she was rehoming him. I'm not sure I'd have made the same choice had I known it was just to clear room, which is what it seems to be. :?

I am debating saying something to her but I don't do confrontation well and not sure what's to gain really.

Not sure what the point in this post is, just venting I suppose :(

I found myself in a similar situation just yesterday, although not with a breeder so I feel your anger and upset as that is just how I feel. I too may not have made the same choices if I knew what would happen in the future.

I have decided to walk away as saying something wont change anything for the poor bunnies :(

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

I can understand your hurt and frustration at being taken advantage of :(. I don't know what I'd do. My head would be screaming at me to say something cutting to the person who gave up their pet but I'm not sure what that would achieve. I guess you have to focus on the fact that you'tr now able to share your life with a beautiful four-legged friend and not dwell on how they came to be with you.

I would delete from facebook and realize that you no longer share the same values. I have encountered several breeders, who masqueraded as rescuers. The bunnies I helped went on to great homes and I am no longer in touch with the women.

Back