• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on hutch

3doe rabbits

Young Bun
I need some advice on my dwarf rabbits housing . At the moment he's in a large 2storey hutch and has been for about7/8 months. he's never been keen on going down in the bottom although he dosen't find it hard getting up and down the ramp . The problem is lately he's been refusing to go altogether and hides in his hay on top of the hatch so I can't open it . I'm just wondering if it would be worth getting him a large single storey hutch instead x

Yea it might be :wave: a 6ft or bigger single story with a large run attached would be great cos then all his activities are on the same level :)

In the wild rabbits bolt down their burrows for safety, domesticated rabbits have to adapt to bolting up in double story hutches, which is unnatural to them. it could be that he feels unsafe in the lower part because it involves going upwards to safety if he feels scared

Yes, I agree - a single storey hutch at least 6ft long with a a large attached run might suit him better.

I need some advice on my dwarf rabbits housing . At the moment he's in a large 2storey hutch and has been for about7/8 months. he's never been keen on going down in the bottom although he dosen't find it hard getting up and down the ramp . The problem is lately he's been refusing to go altogether and hides in his hay on top of the hatch so I can't open it . I'm just wondering if it would be worth getting him a large single storey hutch instead x

Hi I make a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft single hutch that stands on 2ft legs that has a fixed folding run attached.
You just pull the run out when you want too.
When the run is pulled out fully it gives you a 6ft x 6ft x 2ft high run area under the hutch.
Pm me for more info.
Or if you have Instagram you can view a smaller version just search for thehutchmanagram.
Thank you.

Thanks for the advice I've decided to get single storey hutches with runs on the same level for all the bunnies once my patio is slabbed so they can go out even if I'm not outside :) . The Hutch Man do you make 6x 3x3 hutches with run on the same level ? x

Thanks for the advice I've decided to get single storey hutches with runs on the same level for all the bunnies once my patio is slabbed so they can go out even if I'm not outside :) . The Hutch Man do you make 6x 3x3 hutches with run on the same level ? x

Hi yes I could do that for you. Do you mean the hutch would be on short legs with the run on the floor in front of the hutch? Or do you mean the hutch would be on 2ft high legs and a connected folding run?

Hi yes I could do that for you. Do you mean the hutch would be on short legs with the run on the floor in front of the hutch? Or do you mean the hutch would be on 2ft high legs and a connected folding run?

Yes on short legs with run on the floor . I'm not looking to change till about September/October time :)

Back