• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hamster piccies! :)

Hele

Warren Veteran
Gave my little Russian hybrid hams a complete clean out this afternoon and took some pics.

Bot hams are well over 2 and I am so chuffed with how they are doing :love: especially little Rogue my tripod ham! They both aged loads after Christmas but I started giving them baby food and the results are incredible! They had lamb hotpot baby food today :lol:

Rogue first;

Her cage almost done
DSCF4343_zps3536e3b7.jpg

DSCF4342_zps6c67eeec.jpg

DSCF4364_zpsfb191eeb.jpg

DSCF4365_zps1acb2fa5.jpg

Cage with everything in now
DSCF4370_zps9ccd0448.jpg

Go away!!!
DSCF4381_zps86f9b0ff.jpg

Now Storm

DSCF4386_zps09f7690e.jpg

DSCF4387_zpse0742cf4.jpg

DSCF4392_zps731e734a.jpg

DSCF4393_zpsb666c352.jpg

DSCF4399_zps86821630.jpg

DSCF4406_zpsa41bf72d.jpg

DSCF4421_zps2e097d11.jpg

That's not how you are meant to use a flying saucer!
DSCF4426_zps1b095fbc.jpg

DSCF4435_zpsb48d6180.jpg

TUNNEL!!!
DSCF4436_zpsa4a1a621.jpg

Last edited:
They're gorgeous, and I love that they're named after X-Men :lol: I had a Rogue too.

Thank you :love:

Originally they were a trio and the third one was called Phoenix (known as Jeanie most of the time) :p

At the point at which I brought them home we had 5 pets; Thor, Loki, Rogue, Storm and Phoenix :lol:

Thank you :love:

Originally they were a trio and the third one was called Phoenix (known as Jeanie most of the time) :p

At the point at which I brought them home we had 5 pets; Thor, Loki, Rogue, Storm and Phoenix :lol:

I noticed the Thor and Loki in your sig and figured it was safe to assume you'd gone the marvel route :lol: One of my hamsters is Odin (Odin Oakenshield in full!) but I was orgionally going to call him Gambit... He suits Odin more though, so Gambit will be my next hamster :lol:

I noticed the Thor and Loki in your sig and figured it was safe to assume you'd gone the marvel route :lol: One of my hamsters is Odin (Odin Oakenshield in full!) but I was orgionally going to call him Gambit... He suits Odin more though, so Gambit will be my next hamster :lol:

Oh yes we are very into comics here, my OH works from home running an ebay comic shop. He is also a massive Joss Whedon fan and is sooooo happy that Joss and Marvel are now so interlinked :lol:

Gambit is an awesome name for a hammy, most of my fave characters have normal sounding names now though, well unless I want a deadpool :lol: Or a Colossus... Maybe not the best name for a hamster :lol:

I love Odin Oakenshield as a name, Tolkien is a firm favourite of mine, I read them all as a kid and now love the films too :p

ETA- Nova, I quite like that as a hammy name :p plus Nova is pretty cool in the Ultimate Spidey :lol:

Oh yes we are very into comics here, my OH works from home running an ebay comic shop. He is also a massive Joss Whedon fan and is sooooo happy that Joss and Marvel are now so interlinked :lol:

Gambit is an awesome name for a hammy, most of my fave characters have normal sounding names now though, well unless I want a deadpool :lol: Or a Colossus... Maybe not the best name for a hamster :lol:

I love Odin Oakenshield as a name, Tolkien is a firm favourite of mine, I read them all as a kid and now love the films too :p

Wolverine is my favourite... My future dog will be called Logan :lol: I do love Gambit though (in the animated series, obviously :lol: ). I think Colossus would be an awesome name for a hamster, especially a dwarf hammy! As would Beast :lol:

I've had a mouse called Frodo too, and helped Vegan_Bunny name her rabbit Shadowfax. Not to mention the amount of hours I've spent playing Lord Of The Rings Online... :lol: I love being in Middle Earth!

(I do apologise for slightly derailing your picture thread :lol: )

Beautiful! I love my hams :) I have 4 hehe.

Awww :love: I fancy a baby Syrian or at least a very tame one, I have pretty much always had dwarf hams and the 2 Syrians I have had years ago were both p@h ones terrified of being handled. I was too young to really persevere with taming them so I've never had a good relationship with a Syrian :( next time maybe! :p

Wolverine is my favourite... My future dog will be called Logan :lol: I do love Gambit though (in the animated series, obviously :lol: ). I think Colossus would be an awesome name for a hamster, especially a dwarf hammy! As would Beast :lol:

I've had a mouse called Frodo too, and helped Vegan_Bunny name her rabbit Shadowfax. Not to mention the amount of hours I've spent playing Lord Of The Rings Online... :lol: I love being in Middle Earth!

(I do apologise for slightly derailing your picture thread :lol: )

Lol no worries there. Have you read the astonishing x-men? Wolvy is hilarious in that :lol: I actually laughed out loud when reading it which is very unusual for me :lol:

Wolvy and Gambit together would just be the epitome of cool wouldn't they?

The first time I read LOTR I actually hated Frodo :shock: I missed Bilbo :lol: then the black riders appeared and I was about 9 and they freaked me out too much so I stopped reading :lol: I read them again a year or so later just before the films came out and loved Frodo to pieces. He is awesome! :love:

Lol no worries there. Have you read the astonishing x-men? Wolvy is hilarious in that :lol: I actually laughed out loud when reading it which is very unusual for me :lol:

Wolvy and Gambit together would just be the epitome of cool wouldn't they?

The first time I read LOTR I actually hated Frodo :shock: I missed Bilbo :lol: then the black riders appeared and I was about 9 and they freaked me out too much so I stopped reading :lol: I read them again a year or so later just before the films came out and loved Frodo to pieces. He is awesome! :love:

No, I've tried reading a few of the comics and I just can't get in to them. I really need the stories written in novel form rather than comic/graphic novel, does such a thing exist? :lol:

I can understand why you hated Frodo, but it's Tom Bombadil I hate. I really, really hate him. I'm so glad he wasn't in the movies :lol: With playing the game I hate a few of the characters for the quests they give. Nothing to make you hate a character like being forced to kill a horrible boss, only for the character to pull the boss on to them and reset the darn thing :lol:

No, I've tried reading a few of the comics and I just can't get in to them. I really need the stories written in novel form rather than comic/graphic novel, does such a thing exist? :lol:

I can understand why you hated Frodo, but it's Tom Bombadil I hate. I really, really hate him. I'm so glad he wasn't in the movies :lol: With playing the game I hate a few of the characters for the quests they give. Nothing to make you hate a character like being forced to kill a horrible boss, only for the character to pull the boss on to them and reset the darn thing :lol:

I don't know, I do know what you mean though, I struggle with the comic format, I read really fast and find it gets very disjointed when I have to stop myself from reading and actually look at the pictures, otherwise I end up getting very confused :lol: I don't tend to read all that much really, accept back when I was at uni and procrastinating, I got through loads then although it was independent publishers mostly.

I found astonishing x-men worth it though as it was written by whedon and therefore the characters were really good and he somehow made everything funny :lol:

Frodo just seemed like a pale imitation of Bilbo :lol: but then I recently tried to reread the hobbit and felt the same about Bilbo :lol: I really must get that out and actually read it this time!

Back