• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit savvy vet in sheffield/Barnsley?

cafwin

Warren Scout
Hi.
I'm thinking ahead really for next bunny and wondered if anyone knew of what rabbit vets were in North Sheffield. I have read of one at hunters bar but that would be a treck for me.

Is Worksop too far?

A few of us use the Vetstop there and I would recommend it, plus they do their own out of hours service so you know that no matter what time the little darlings get poorly you will always see a vet you can trust :thumb:

If Worksop is too far, I use Abbey vets, they have quite a few very rabbit savvy vets, one at the Darton branch called Rachel, I saw one at the main Barnsley branch but I can't remember her name :oops:(which is their 24 hr vet hospital too) and they said that the vets at the Hoyland branch are very good with rabbits as apparently all the BARC bunnies go there.

I used to use their High Green branch but they had a move around and Rachel moved from there, and the vet there is very good for cats/dogs etc but doesn't seem rabbit savvy.

If Worksop is too far, I use Abbey vets, they have quite a few very rabbit savvy vets, one at the Darton branch called Rachel, I saw one at the main Barnsley branch but I can't remember her name :oops:(which is their 24 hr vet hospital too) and they said that the vets at the Hoyland branch are very good with rabbits as apparently all the BARC bunnies go there.

I used to use their High Green branch but they had a move around and Rachel moved from there, and the vet there is very good for cats/dogs etc but doesn't seem rabbit savvy.

Thanks :) I used to use Abbey with Tango. High Green is my nearest branch. I originally used to travel to Barnsley centre branch. Took about 15 mins which wasn't bad. I think I may do that again.
Thank you everyone for your replies :)

I live in mexbrough and I still use abby vets in Barnsley takes about half hour or more but the vet I saw was brilliant with Tilly compared to the vets near where I live who admitted they know nothing about rabbits
Xx

Is Worksop too far?

A few of us use the Vetstop there and I would recommend it, plus they do their own out of hours service so you know that no matter what time the little darlings get poorly you will always see a vet you can trust :thumb:

Another vote for Wildbore Vetstop here :wave: it's a 50 minute drive there from my house, but I've recently started using them and they are treating my bunny for bordatella infection which my previous vet said there was nothing wrong with her. My previous vet also contracted out their OOH care who were as much use as a chocolate teapot and I've lost two bunnies as a result. One who advised pts and I since discovered I could have saved him with a proper vet and one who fell sick suddenly in the night three weeks ago & I didn't trust the ooh vets to help him so I waited until morning to get him to my normal vet, but he'd already died. Now I've moved to Wildbore as I know if my bunnies ever get sick OOH again, I'll get a rabbit savvy vet. I'd drive anywhere to save my bunnies lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back