• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is "binky-ing"??

ridley

Warren Scout
Sorry to be dumb, but i keep seeing people posting/writing about "binky" or "binky-ing" and i gather is something to do with poo???!
Can some one help me out here???!

Have you ever seen a really happy lamb, jumping and leaping around?

Well, it's like a bunny version of that. Happy bunny = binkies!

No it's not to do with poo :lol:

In this video you can see the bunny binky - it's the excited jumping, turning and twisting in the air, like an outburst of excitement. Head binkies are like a big shiver of excitement and tossing of the head.

It's also a wonderful example of why bunnies need so much space. That rabbit is only about 1kg and yet you can see he wouldn't be happy in a small 4ft hutch or a little run like many pet shops sell.

Last edited:
Here's Doughnut doing one of hers:

[video]http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/Doughnutpic/media/video-2014-03-03-22-03-25_zpse0837436.mp4.html[/video]

Bunnies can also use binkies to let you know that they know they're being naughty but they just don't care! Usually this is a defiant little bum wiggle as you tell them off, then a cheeky skip away as you move to stop them from chewing the sofa/scrabbling the carpet/gnawing the skirting boards. ;):lol:

Bunnies can also use binkies to let you know that they know they're being naughty but they just don't care! Usually this is a defiant little bum wiggle as you tell them off, then a cheeky skip away as you move to stop them from chewing the sofa/scrabbling the carpet/gnawing the skirting boards. ;):lol:

As demonstrated wonderfully by my Lady Katherine a few weeks ago :roll: she loves being told off! :roll:

It took me ages to work out what a binky was. Until I joined here, I always called it a bunny hop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's Doughnut doing one of hers:

[video]http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/Doughnutpic/media/video-2014-03-03-22-03-25_zpse0837436.mp4.html[/video]

Is it a bird, is it a plane? No, it's a Doughnut :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it's not to do with poo :lol:

In this video you can see the bunny binky - it's the excited jumping, turning and twisting in the air, like an outburst of excitement. Head binkies are like a big shiver of excitement and tossing of the head.

It's also a wonderful example of why bunnies need so much space. That rabbit is only about 1kg and yet you can see he wouldn't be happy in a small 4ft hutch or a little run like many pet shops sell.

That has made me smile so much! Fantastic! :thumb:

Back