• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Applying Rearguard to my buns

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Although all our buns are indoor and we keep windows and doors shut - we still get the odd fly and I thought as it only takes one fly, I will get some rear guard fly strike stuff for the buns:thumb:

Little Lenny was done at the vets on Sunday - so that was easy and Uncle Stefan showed us how to do it and it is very straight forward - providing of course you can persuade the bun that it's okay to be showing their bits to all and sundry and applying wet stuff:shock: With my buns - :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway - I thought I would find a way of doing it. So last night I started off - I smeared the stuff all over my fingers and then ran around the lounge like loony attempting to apply the stuff whilst the buns were distracted or running past.

Sheldon seemed to think it was some funny new game:thumb:.
Holly was quite disgusted and thumped very hard to show her displeasure:p.
Cheyenne is a little darling and lets me do anything to her anyway:love:.
Bug gave me a good bite on my hand to show her feelings.:(

I will do the fluffy Bobo and Harley tonight when there two of us around.:?

I don't think I got enough on any of them really but every little helps I guess - does anyone have any tips on how to apply the stuff in a way that does not involve wearing chain mail ?

My local vets apply it free of charge. I will buy it from amazon as half the price.

Ill let you know how they do it when i take her in in a week or so. Should be interesting!

Back