• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no. :-(

midori1999

Alpha Buck
I was just looking around on Facebook and a rabbit classified site came up. It was USA based, but oh my goodness. I am. Not all that easily shocked, but it was so distressed I couldn't look at it much. It seems predominantly breeders advertising and not only are people talking about 'bringing meat rabbits' to a sale, but the photos show tiny, wire/mesh floored cages, rabbits photographed sort of bowing down, it looks almost like their front legs have collapsed (is this a 'thing'? They looked posed like it with with their ears stretched out) and bunnies photographed with their eyes/faces covered, presumably to keep them calm. :cry:

I think I'm just shocked at how harsh and cruel it all seemed.

That's awful :( did it mention what state they were based in? Just wondering if the SPCA would investigate if someone emailed them.

Sadly that sounds like typical meat rabbit and US ARBA/4H showing handling practices. The SPCA probably wouldn't do anything :(

Back